“A Gem”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redhill
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“A Gem”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. It is perfect for Bristol Airport. Rooms, food and facilities all excellent. Car park very secure. Staff very friendly - why go anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summertimespecial
Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review! It is good to hear that we have pleased you every time that you have stayed with us! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Swansea
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for one night before departing Bristol Airport back at the end of April. Discovered this hotel by accident. I won't use any other hotels now before travelling via Bristol airport. I was close to the airport and quite a boutique hotel. It was clean and the staff were helpful. We mainly dealt with 'Nico/Rico' (I'm sorry I might have his name wrong) but he was amazing. Nothing too much of a problem for him. He bookd us in, showed us our room (which was spacious and classy) then later on made us a fantastiiic mmeal. Couldn't fault this place at all. It even has an indoor swimming pool. Our room had an adjoining balcony which was huge with sunloungers and a 6 seater table. The grounds were large and looked after well. Im hesitant in recommending this hotel as selfishly, I don't want it to be booked up next time I go!! It is a definately undiscovered gem and a real personal touch for a cheaper price than the chains you stay in at the airport.
Excellent.

Room Tip: Any - I imagine them all excellent but the one at the front with a large balcony was lovely.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silvermoon181
Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review! I am glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us! Our aim is to make our guests feel welcome & relaxed before their next journey begins! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We arrived late after an evening flight into Bristol, we were welcomed and taken to this spacious amazing room which featured a huge four poster bed and lovely bathroom. After a very comfy nights sleep we headed off to the pool and jacuzzi which was followed by a fabulous breakfast. I would highly recommend thiis hotel, which we will certainly use again.

Room Tip: Request the four poster room. It is a boutique hotel which I understand onkly has 9 rooms
Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review! I am happy to hear that you had a good nights rest and that your stay was relaxing! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Bristol
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I booked a stay on may 20th for me and my partner as a special treat. We arrived at 2pm and were showed straight to our room, we booked the VIP package so there were rose petals on the bed and sparkling wine/chocolates/strawberries as was agreed. The bedroom was very spacious and nice, the four poster bed made for a very comfortable nights sleep.

The staff are good but there didn't seem to be anough of them working which would be my main criticism. Maybe they had somebody call in sick and couldn't get any cover, but when we ordered our meal the same member of staff was acting as waitress and receptionist so it did take a while to eat after ordering. The only other criticism I would have is that when we were eating our dinner there was another couple who were sat in the restaurant with their feet out, as you can imagine it wasn't the best of sights for us eating our food and they weren't told to put their shoes on.

The food was excellent, we both had the gourmet burger for a main and sticky toffee pudding for afters and we thought it was excellent value for money (we have paid double in hotels/restaurants and the food hasn't been half as nice).

The swimming pool/jacuzzi is a real plus. We went in at 6 and had the whole place to ourselves, the jacuzzi is lovely and the pool was nice and warm, they also provided us with towels that we could just throw in the wash basket at the poolside so we didn't have to bring back wet towels.

As for the reviews on about the noise, we had a room at the front of the hotel and you only hear the traffic if you have the windows wide open, aslong as they're shut you don't hear a peep.

The gardens are very nice, we were blessed with some sunshine and sat on the chairs outside by the pond which was a very peaceful and pleasant time.

Breakfast was fine with lots of choice, a shame there was no hot food unless you pay the extra charge but there is still a lot of choice and unless you're very very picky you're not going to go hungry.

All in all it was a very nice stay and would go back there again.

Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your review! With regards to the service during your evening meal, we were a bit short staffed and we did not have anyone to fill in on such short notice, my apologies for that! I am happy to hear that you did enjoy your meal!
With regards to the guests that did not have their shoes on, it was not noticed by the member of staff on duty, and would have been dealt with discreetly.
I am happy to hear that with the few hiccups, you will return. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Warwickshire, U.K.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed overnight on a weekday with a small wedding party of guests.Throughout our stay we were totally pampered by 'Mine Host' & 'Mrs.Mine Host', the couple who own and run this place have certainly put their heart & soul into it. From the well appointed rooms to the well planned public areas through to the superb indoor infinity pool (31.5 deg.c.when we stayed there) and the jacuzzi. There was simply nothing not to like about this place. Free pretty secure parking, ornamental pond with fountain and sun-loungers on the adjoining patio, the ideal place to stay for a week-end, midweek, overnight whilst waiting to fly out of Bristol Airport. There were 8 of us dining in our group and all our individual orders were skilfully taken, and surprise, surprise, at check-out each individuals meals and drinks were accurately alloted to each guest, I have never seen this carried out so discretely and accurately over the many years that I have travelled. Now I'm at a loss to know what to say other than well done! I'd certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and it's rare that I ever find myself saying this as I am generally most critical of the hotel trade. I would say go out of your way to stay at 'Redhill House' I do not think that you'll be dissapointed. And just for the record, I have no connection whatsoever with the 'Redhill House'/it's owners/or its agent other than the fact that I have been a guest there and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Well done, a most impressed & happy customer !

Room Tip: Although its situated on a fairly busy road, we were not troubled by any road noise, but you might j...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I am very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff looked after you during this special occasion, that you were celebrating! We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We just wanted a nights accommodation to facilitate an early departure from Bristol airport.
But we chanced upon Redhill House, a delightful small hotel, a stones throw from the airport, with excellent accommodation and quite outstanding food. Our room on the 1st floor opened out on to a lovely balcony with magnificent views of the Mendips. Here we enjoyed an excellent glass of Reisling before taking dinner in a small attractive looking restaurant. The food was very tasty and all freshly prepared by a chef with obvious talent for cooking
Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff were charming and attentive.

Room Tip: Room 6 on the second floor has a balcony with a splendid view. Also hotel has an indoor swimming po...
1 Thank lawrence99golf
Redhill H, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having had my flight from/to Bournemouth cancelled and moved to Bristol I had to find a hotel to stay at on return due to our late arrival from holiday.
I found Redhill House online and called to check we could park for the week then stay for the night on our return. I found staff I contacted by telephone and also via email both swift and helpful in response to my queries.
We checked in on 27th March at around midnight. Our bags were taken to our room by the helpful staff that greeted us. In terms of both quality and comfort of the room I have to say it was absolutely excellent. The continental breakfast was plentiful and again excellent quality.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again if travelling from Bristol or just visiting. I also heartily recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room 6 was beautiful and had a balcony with furniture so would make an excellent holiday break/base.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marice273
SharonPlush, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review! Happy to hear that you had a great stay with us! We do hope to welcome you back in the future. Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redhill
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
The Town and Country Lodge
Meadow Cottage
Meadow Cottage
#3 of 5 in Redhill

Been to Redhill House? Share your experiences!