“good location - terrible pillows and sausages!”

and 1 more site!
Lynwood Guest House
Ranked #5 of 5 Redhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We stayed here purely because of the location but I had one of the worst night's sleep ever - mainly due to the terrible pillows (one was like a rock and one was like a pancake) and the 'activities' of the couple above us (three o'clock in the morning for over an hour - I kid you not). The breakfast was ok except for the sausage and having to make your own toast (just as your hot breakfast arrived). The room wasn't ensuite - disingenously the website said it had a shower, which I thought meant an enusite room with toilet - but this was down the corridor. The shower cubicle was in the room making it somewhat embarassing with young children in the same room. The place was clean though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Very, very tired - both every aspect of the guest house, and us after staying there. En suite facilities only consist of shower & basin - no WC. Not a bargain in the age of the Travelodge, whilst not being expensive either. Okay breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2011

The room was awful (curtains hanging off, peeling paint etc) and the ensuite worse. Breakfast not bad but didn't compensate for the rest. No sound proofing between rooms so hardly had any sleep due to the party in room downstairs in the early hours and what felt like constant stream of people passing by door plus the busy road outside. Was charged £48 for 1 night single occupancy of twin room.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I stayed there , well I didn't stay there. I left after an hour. It was due to an emergency that I booked in. The place was really scummy. There was obviously a problem with the wiring, which worried more than the hygiene issue. The room I was in would have been virtually impossible to vacate in the event of a fire. Staff were terrible. So I walked to the nearest other B and B that had spare rooms whilst it was about -9degrees with pack ice on the ground. That is how bad it was. I did wonder if I needed my head checked, but then I realised that if I had stayed I would definitely have needed to see a shrink. Why would you want to stay in a place like this?

In the words of Lloyd Grossman "who lives in a house like this?" I dread to think who.

"David, It's over to you".

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank FishtheFish
Reviewed 27 September 2010

A drab and cold room; a tiny shower room without shower gel; threadbare towels; sheets were dirty; a cold shower and a disgusting breakfast.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

My Girlfriend and I recently stayed at the lynwood guest house, we had a very pleasant stay for a week while we visited relatives in the area and took the train to london daily which was just within walking distance, on ly a few minutes away to redhill main train station and the town centre .
We had a nice double en suite as requested and comfortable room, no problems.
the staff made us feel at home and were very helpful all the time or whenever we need some advise.
I will definetely recomend this place to anyone , it is also vey economic comparing to the others in the area, including a typical english cook breakfast.
Daniel and Yngrid from Southamerica

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We have just stayed at Lynwood Guest House and had a great time ! We would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a pleasant holiday or just a good night sleep! It is very cozy and you really get to feel like home!

Mrs Angela is a very kind person and will help you with whatever she can!

The room was very clean and quiet, the bed very comfortable and even if we didn't have our won bathroom it wasn't a problem, as the bathrooms were always available and we didn't have to wait to get in.

The breakfast was really tasty and rich.

Susana and Victor Arad from Romania