“SHOCKING!!!”

and 1 more site!
Lynwood Guest House
Ranked #5 of 5 Redhill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Thought this guest house looked nice; what a mistake. Room was fairly big in size and I liked the look of the bedding but the rest was not good. The double bed was rock hard (I may as well have slept on the floor), and as for the en-suite it was ghastly. It was a good job that we were staying in June as I think it would have been like an ice bucket in the middle of winter. Luckily I don't think there were many other guests staying as the fire exit was through our room. The bedroom was fairly clean but the bathroom was not; I would not recommend and would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I had planned to stay here 2 nights as on business. The room was large but filled with cheap furniture , mismatched beds, plastic flowers, bad art...you get the picture. a nasty shower cubicle was in the corner and a loo was down the corridor, shared with god knows how many other rooms.

The noise from the road was bad enough but loud music in the evening and then the CONSTANT slamming of fire doors and sounds as if someone was moving furniture in the room above had me in a state of near murderousness by the time it got to 4am and i STILL hadn't managed to sleep!

I went down to 'breakfast' at 7.30 and made a civilised and calm complaint to the 'manageress' who was symathetic but said she couldnt do anything as the manager was not around. I told her I didnt want to pay for two nights as I considered the very least a b&b should provide was a place where one could sleep...then she said my card had already been debited. She offered to put me 'in the basement' where she admitted she had to sleep herself on occasions as the people upstairs were so noisy(??!!!) it turns out they are placed there by social services, As I am a social worker I was less than impressed when they emerged into the room (looking surprisingly awake after a night in which they cant possibly have slept any more than I)and the manageress turned on them telling me that they had upset me and that I hadn't been able to sleep.IN FRONT OF ME!!!!
I managed to utter that I didn't think that was really the best way to handle the situation, grabbed my slice of toast and made off to my room to pack. Quite honestly that could have got very nasty, and I was outraged that the situation was handled in such an inappropriate and unprofessional manner. (The breakfast coffee was undrinkable and cold and there was no fruit, no yogurt and no marmite. only sliced white bread too)

I dont think I have a cat in hells chance of getting any money back so I am also making a complaint to the AA ( who have given it 4 stars?????) and the surrey tourist board. I would hate to think of anyone else going through what I did.

This is without doubt THE worst place I have ever stayed and I have travelled India on a budget.

Room Tip: stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

i was there with my boyfriend and it was a great experience. the hotel was clean, the size of the room was big enough for the 2 of us. The staff there was very helpful, especially the lady that ran it. she was very friendly and helped us a lot to find our way around. The breakfast was big, with everything you expect from an English breakfast. I will definitely stay there again if I will travel in Redhill.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

In 25 years of business travel this is possibly the worst 'hotel' I have stayed in. Ok, it is only a guesthouse but it wan't cheap (£69 for an ensuite). It is cold, noisy, drab and generally depressing. The racket from the room above was only bearable because it was drowned out by the relentless road noise through the windows that didn't close properly. The shower dribbled water that changed temperature independently of the tap. The pillows were made of something resembling concrete. It was the only available accommodation nearby, and it is close to the town centre. On the plus side, breakfast was tolerable if a bit greasy and was served quickly, service was ok and it had free wifi.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had a very comfortable stay at Lynwood. The hotel staff was very helpful and welcoming. I had planned a surprise for my wife, in which the hotel staff was very cooperative in getting the arrangements done.
Arrangements done were beautiful and pleased my wife to a great extent.
Hotel provides a very nice English breakfast as well.
This is indeed one of the best Bed n Breakfast hotel in Redhill. Enjoyed being here, will be back the next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was visiting some friends and I chose to stay a week in Lynwood Guest House. I was received very warmly by a smiling lady and it was very pleasant. The room we were staying was quite large and very clean. Breakfast was also very good and served very quickly, did not have to wait. During while I was there I noticed that there were ladies clean rooms every day and it was great.
High heat recommend everyone to visit this wonderful place that also cover is very close to the shoping center and train station that leads the To London (only 30 minutes away).
You will not regret if you visit this place.

Room Tip: book in time better on the phone
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed for 3 nights for work and only stayed because it was already paid for & no reimbursement possible otherwise I would have left immediately. Web pictures totally deceiving. No toilet in room & shower in room was only 2x2. The single room is the size of a closet & it smells like an old age home. The woman who runs the B&B is lovely & very helpful. Too bad the owners are only out to make a quid & not put anything into the property.

• Stayed: May 2011