Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
US$101
Travelocity
US$113
US$104
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant(Churchill)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Restaurant
US$92
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan early flightwake up callovernight parkingon arrivalduty managerreception staffgood nights sleepan overnight stayminute drivefollowing morningchecking inpleasant stayone night stayshuttlebristoldebbiesilver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here just before Christmas as we were getting a 6am flight from Bristol airport. On arrival we were greeted with (unlimited) free mulled wine and mince pies, which was most welcome on a cold & stormy winter evening. The rooms are well sized, crystal clean and have all the facilities you need, really. Had a great night's sleep and no trouble therefore waking up in time for the flight, though they did do a 4am wake-up call for us, which was helpful. The lounge is nice to relax in too, and the restaurant menu isn't bad considering, though it did take them almost an hour to bring our food which was a little annoying. Took no time at all to get to the airport in the morning which made the whole thing so much easier; definitely recommend staying here if you have a flight at some equally mad hour. Easy going and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DeputyG, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased you decided to stay with us and enjoyed our fantastic rooms, perfect location and warm welcome from the team.

With regards to the long wait that you experienced in the restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. We are currently introducing many positive changes within the Food and Beverage department, so this may have been due to a small transitional period. Please be rest assured that we are now operating effectively and efficiently. I hope that this did not hinder your stay too much.

I was glad that you enjoyed your complimentary mince pies and mulled wine on arrival, enjoyed your well sized room and all the facilities that we offer, including our shuttle service to the airport. These comments have been shared with the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

Once again, many thanks for your comments – we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My 9yr old daughter and I were only in this hotel for 10 hours (we arrived gone 11pm and up and out early morning) but we couldn't fault it. Shuttle bus took us from airport to hotel where the staff at reception was welcoming and quick to allow us to get to our room.
We didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on that but once again treated really well by woman on reception (manager?) in the morning and shuttle bus driver who was also incredibly friendly.

The giant sized cookies handed over late at night and first thing to my daughter were the icing on the cake! (left over from Xmas party the night before or a regular treat? not sure!) Thank you.

My only comment for improving services would be to have a sign outside airport indicating where to go for shuttle bus as due to me being very tired and not with it, took me ages, and a phone call to hotel to find where we were supposed to go.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DeputyG, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was pleased that you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit.

I was very happy that you found our staff efficient and welcoming and you enjoyed our complimentary cookies on arrival. I have passed these comments on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

With regards to the signage at the airport, please be advised that we will definitely take this into consideration at our next Head of Department meeting. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that this didn’t hinder your stay with us too much.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Last year I wrote a review for the first time and it wasn't good about this hotel. From the first moment it was published the deputy general manager got in touch with me and the problem was investigated and apologises made and accepted. He convinced me to stay at the Bristol Holiday Inn another time though at first I wasn't sure. Well I'm glad I did! A great guy on the desk who was very helpful even though we arrived at almost midnight.. A lovely waitress at breakfast who couldn't have done more for us. I was made to feel very welcome, smiles everywhere. The Xmas atmosphere was great. lights, trees, complimentary mincepies, an incredible change from last year. We will go back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DeputyG, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Helen,

Many thanks for taking me up on my offer of returning to our hotel. I was so pleased that you did and that we were able to restore your faith in us.

As you will see we receive lots of positive feedback regarding our staff’s customer service and you have also highlighted them as an integral part of your most recent visit. This pleases me a great deal and I have already shared your comments with the team so that they are aware of their great work.

I’m ever so pleased that you have highlighted all the improvements that we have made and they were illustrated to you so vividly upon your return to us.

Once again, many thanks for giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Jon

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked at this hotel since my flight to Bristol was delayed from Switzerland just before Christmas owing to bad weather in UK. I was pleased to find a shuttle service from the airport to hotel at a reasonable price and although I arrived at 1 am in the morning, the reception staff were very friendly and informative. I was also grateful for a quiet room which was clean and comfortable.The continental breakfast was quite good as well.

Room Tip: Room on back of hotel was quite quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tricia S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you had the opportunity to use us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed your unexpected visit.

I was pleased to note that you found the room clean, bed comfortable and the staff friendly and informative – your comments have been passed on to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I was also pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast offering - this starts at 4am daily for our early bird travellers.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed Christmas day before our early morning flight.
Brilliant hotel, can not fault it.
We found a parking space easily.
We'd booked Christmas dinner. It was lovely, really tasty & plenty of choice too. The members of staff couldn't do enough for us.
Our room had a big double bed with fluffy pillows.
We didn't have brekkie as our flight was so early.
Easy transfer using their minibus, £7 for 2 instead of £10 tax
We also booked to stay on our return on the night of 01/01/14
We used the complimentary phone next to Smiths at the airport & waited 10 minutes for the minibus to collect us. Again only £7 when the taxi firm were charging £15 for new years day.
Again very efficient service at reception. Straight to our lovely warm room to drop our bags off.
We had a meal in the restaurant. It was beautiful, but 2 courses were abit too much for us.

We used to stay at the fox & goose, but this hotel is so much better all round. Similar prices too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was happy that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and enjoyed your visit.

I was pleased to note that you decided to have Christmas dinner with us and you found it lovely with lots of choice. I was also pleased that you were happy with your experience in the restaurant on your return visit. The restaurant service and food quality is something that we have been placing heavy focus on, so the fact that you enjoyed this a great deal pleases me immensely.

I was also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our great value and efficient shuttle service to and from the airport. You have also highlighted our staff as a positive aspect of your visit – we pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and I am very happy that you found this to be of a very high level.

I have shared all of your comments with the team in order to galvanize them to continue their great work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and potentially for Christmas dinner next year!
Warmest Regards,