Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
US$57
  • Restaurant
US$107
PremierInn.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsan early flightwake up callovernight parkingon arrivalduty managerreception staffgood nights sleepan overnight stayminute drivefollowing morningchecking inpleasant stayone night stayshuttlebristoldebbiesilver
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked this hotel for one night before our early morning flight the next day.

The hotel is easy to find but is in the middle of nowhere so don't expect very many local amenities.
There is a hungry horse about a 15 minute drive away and a budgens/petrol station about 10 minutes down the road. But that is about it.

Upon arrival we were expecting to have to pay for parking as it states it is £3 on their website but there was no pay and display in the car park so we assumed maybe you pay inside...
We were greeted by a female receptionist who asked us to fill in the booking form with our name and address... she didn't say much... i had to ask her if they wanted our registration number for the car as she seemed to have forgotten that... and there was no mention about car parking rates. She handed us the key and sent us on our way. She didn't offer us breakfast, tell us restaurant times or tell us anything about the hotel... Quite unhelpful reception staff indeed.

The room was very nice and well equipped but there was a definite smell of stale smoke in the room despite it being non smoking.. you could tell they had tried to cover this up by spraying air freshener.

The bed was very uncomfortable and we had a terrible night sleep. But it is convenient to the airport and they do have a shuttle bus. But i have no idea how much this was...

The only thing i can say was good was there was a batch of complimentary very yummy homemade cookies on the reception desk but they were gone very quickly as you can imagine.

I would use the hotel again for convenience but that is about it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan B, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you chose us for your accommodation requirements, however it disappointed me a great deal that you experienced issues during your visit.

With regards to the lack of information provided at check-in, this has come as a great displeasure to me. We consistently receive very positive feedback regarding our staff, so your comments have shocked me. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Please be rest assured that I will be discussing these comments with the Front Office Manager to ensure that this does not happen again.

With reference to the bed being uncomfortable, this is something that I will need to investigate and ensure that everything is in order. Once again, I am very sorry if this hindered your visit in any way.

I was happy to note that you enjoyed our complimentary cookies on arrival and we were convenient for your travel plans from the airport. I have shared these comments with the whole team.

In order to fully investigate the issues you have raised, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly on gm@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience, so that I can attain some more information from you and rectify any problems.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to complete a review. I hope to hear from you in due course so that I can discuss your comments further and have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very disappointed with this hotel as there were a lot of strange noises that started through the night and continue until morning. Not sure it was anything to do with the generators or the air conditioning although we had ours switched off. Sounded like a steam train outside the door. Quiet a few of the guests seem to agree with me in the morning. Did mention this to the receptionist when checking out after 2 nights without much sleep and i have to say, she did not look surprised! Did say the comments would be passed on but cant see the Management doing anything soon.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front corridor catch the noise the most, above reception
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose to stay with us, however I was disappointed to note that your were not fully satisfied with your visit.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail so that I can fully investigate the noises which you have highlighted. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me on gm@hibristolairport.co.uk at your earliest convenience so that I can ascertain further details from yourself. This feedback has saddened me a great deal, therefore I would like the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the noise issues that you experienced during your stay – I hope to hear from you in due course.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Immaculate rooms with excellent service. Too many nice things to type about!

Wi Fi is free with reasonable priced speed upgrades which is a splendid way to get a faster load time if free is too slow, it's not.

The Continental breakfast is superb

Kat was ever so pleasant

We will return next time we travel to Bristol Airport which is close.

Room Tip: Enjoy and relax
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davywalnuts
Jonathan B, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very pleased with the superlatives that you used to describe our hotel and staff, it really did come as a great pleasure to me to read these comments.
I have shared all of your great comments with the team and I feel a review of this kind will provide a huge morale boost to the team highlighting that they are all pulling their weight to make us a great hotel that guests love.
Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed overnight here to avoid chances of road problems prior to a flight out from Bristol on the following morning. Arriving late we found the welcome just as cheerful as if it had been much earlier.

We had a pleasant nights sleep in a room that was clean and comfortable, before going down to the restaurant for breakfast. Here we found an excellent array of food, fresh cooked or cold and tastes to suit most people. It was served buffet style and so returns were possible for the larger appetites!

This hotel is certainly to be recommended when using the airport (only about 10 minutes drive away) but I would suggest it is also a good base from which to explore the area, particularly for those wishing, perhaps, to visit the cities of Bristol or Bath & Wells but to stay in a more rural location. This is an area with many small and interesting villages, most with at least one pleasant country pub, again good exploring material!

I would also say that we were not bothered by aircraft noise during our stay and, as I have said, we certainly slept very well.

There is always a downside but it was not insurmountable here. We did find (as I said, arriving late) that the car park was virtually jammed full as far as marked spaces were concerned. We were fortunate in that another guest was leaving just a few minutes after our arrival, thereby vacating his space.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Puffing_Billy00

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us and enjoyed your visit.
I was very happy to note that you found the customer service from the staff very good, you enjoyed a pleasant nights sleep and found the breakfast selection very good. These comments have been shared with the team in order to motivate them to continue their great service.
I was also happy to read that you were not disturbed by any aircraft noise. We have noise reduction windows in all of our rooms and also being situated just 3 miles from the airport this further prevents any noise disturbance to our guests.

With regards to the parking. I am sorry that this was quite busy when you arrived. Recently we have had many late bookings come through due to the recent weather conditions and subsequent flight delays, therefore it has been very difficult to forecast the number of spaces required. I do hope that this did not hinder your stay too much.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Arrived late evening before an early flight. Greeted by very friendly and efficient staff. Public areas clean and well presented. Bedroom was very quiet and comfortable (2nd floor). Beds were also comfortable. Nicely presented bathroom. Free, sufficient speed, wifi.

A quick drink in the bar - pleasantly surprised on the prices.

Simple and efficient early morning check out. 5 mins to the airport. Great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements.

I was very happy to note that you found our staff friendly and efficient, the hotel clean and well presented, the beds comfortable and a nicely presented bathroom. These comments have been shared with the whole team in order to galvanize them to continue this great work.

I was also happy that you were satisfied with our complimentary WiFi offering and our drinks prices in the bar as well as our perfect location. Situated just a 5 minute drive from Bristol Airport, in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the ideal location for guests looking to relax for a short break or guests using the airport.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.