“Lazy lunch”

The Rake Mediterranean Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 294 Restaurants in Rochdale
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Lazy lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This place is a little slice of heaven, the food is to die for, the surroundings are very pleasant and the staff and service they give only adds to the experience. The dish sizes are larger than normal tapas so beware ordering too many as it's a shame to leave such fantastic food. Very reasonably priced. My only complaint, they have stopped opening on a Friday lunch time!

• Visited May 2014

Oldham, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous 30th birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have eaten here once before and I loved it so much I knew that this was the place that I wanted to share with my family for my 30th birthday. When we arrived it was lovely and sunny and were able to sit out on the terrace and have a drink. The staff were very accommodating and we booked a banquet meal as we were a large group. The food was delicious and we were provided with a wide variety and there were several fussy eaters and plenty for them to choose from. My only criticism is that there was not much of a break between 'courses' and we were surrounded by yummy food. Unfortunately because of this we were all full straight away and a lot of food was left and it was sad to see it be wasted.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be back soon :-)

• Visited June 2014
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Accomodating, tasty and atmospheric.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were craving a pub snack and The Rake was perfect. We sat at the bar (I don't think this is the normal way to do things) and enjoyed meatballs and patatas bravas with a side of roast corn. The food tasted great and was just what the doctor ordered.
Prices are a little steeper than La Mancha in Rochdale but the food is a little better. The decor is equally as good and the surroundings are much, MUCH nicer at The Rake. I love both restaurants and will visit both again. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

had a fantastic meal, very resonable price, very good choice of food, Food was out of this world would recommend for a group or if you are just a couple, we went as a group of four.

• Visited April 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely girly night here, fab food, great management!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I enjoyed the food very much and the portions were very generous, we had a lot to take home as we ordered greedily.
I can only make a suggestion though, I would have been even more pleased if they had more options food wise, like the lamb and red wine tapas, dips etc. But I will definitely go again.
They have entertainment too and I think they have a hot tub in the roof top garden!
Perfect for a getaway evening!

Visited April 2014