The Flying Horse Hotel
US$66
US$96
US$71
US$55
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel(Rochdale)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$41
Travelodge
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviewstown centrefunction room upstairsfood menucouncil car parkdoor stafffamily lunchfairy lightsgreat pubexcellent beergreat nightfantastic foodbar areabandsciderflyeralesvenue
Reviewed 6 October 2013

So we arrive at the flying horse to attend a family party in the function room. The lady who showed us to the room was very friendly. I had a few conversations on the phone with her before hand as there was some confusion over rooms her end.
I had booked 4 rooms and a family friend had booked a 5th. I was told my family room was the best in the hotel... if ours was the best I wouldn't like to see what there worse one looked like. Size was good but it was very dated and horrible décor. The bathroom was smelly and old. The shower didn't work and no shower gel. The kettle was plugged in at one end of the room with the cups etc the other end?! The door lock was dodgy n took us ages to get in and out. We could here music but nothing in comparison to the rest of my family on 1st floor.
My mother, brother and sister in room 3 didn't sleep till 5am the music and noise was unreal. My grandparents where next door in room 2 had the same problems. There where riot vans outside and ppl fighting. WE WERE NOT INFORMED IT WAS NEXT DOOR TO SEVERAL NIGHT CLUBS!!! Then breakfast at 9am! plenty of time for cleaner to sort downstairs out but as my 4 year old son ran in there was broken glass on the floor. Breakfast was served in the bar very cramped and VERY GREASY!! Cheap bacon Cheap sausage HORRID!! on leaving we paid in full our 60pounds which I wasn't happy about but I knew the rest of my family had it a lot worse than we did. My mum paid half the room charge but was told that " we understand u didn't sleep.. we know how loud it is.. but that's the room rate" Will never moan about travel inn ever again. To end on a good note Terrible nights sleep for most and horrible rooms but staff where lovely and the party went well. Don't intend on going back EVER!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LindseyRant_Over
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Very easy to get a taxi to and from, short walk to anywhere in the town centre. Rooms are good value, drinks are cheap, meals were great and staff were friendly, loads of live local music every week. What else could you ask for!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MarcRichards88
Reviewed 18 August 2013

in recent years this establishment has elevated itself to being one of Rochdale's best venues,situated right next to Rochdale's famous gothic town hall in the historic quarter ,it is a great pub with a wide range of cask ales, wines and spirits and fantastically good value home cooked food.during the week it is the ideal venue for meeting up with friends or collegues for a quite drink or business meetinga local motorcycle club the MT Heads meet there on a Monday night,these guys and girls are a very friendly bunch and they do a lot of great work for charity.from Thursday night onwards it is the focal point of rochdales live music scene playing host to many excellent bands catering for a wide range of tastes in music,you can even have a go yourself on sunday when its karaoke.the flying horse also provides economical,quality accomadation and it has a function room available to cater for your events.it also plays host to the ride in rock out festival motorcycle show and music festival featuring around 17 live bands during the day and it is joinly orgainised between the flying horse and the MT Heads motorcycle club for a charity.if you have never been before get yourself down to the flying horse,i think you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Flying Horse is a fantastic venue... Whether I'm looking for a central location to meet clients & colleagues for a meeting in the afternoon, catching up with friends, needing a good meal, wanting a great night's live entertainment or just after a friendly venue for a drink after shopping, it fits the bill.

Usually, any town centre bar is immediately judged on décor, beer and staff. The flying Horse gets 10/10 every time for all of these. The surroundings are modern & comfortable, the selection of drinks is certainly expansive enough to suit everyone from cask ale drinkers to those just looking for a good cup of coffee, & the staff and management are extremely friendly. Add to this the fantastic menu,with homemade top quality food and you have the ideal venue.

Rochdale doesn't have many good bars, and a lack of cafes etc, and certainly very few that I could happily take clients to for meetings or post-meeting drinks. Yet the Horse is always the first place I think of when I need to meet someone in the Town Centre, and I have never been disappointed.

Over the last month or so I have also attended a couple of private parties upstairs in the function room, once as a guest and once as an entertainer. Both times the room layout & in house buffet was great. It's a lovely room, large enough for a decent gathering, with a stage and a lovely smoking area that is accessible without the hassle of walking up and down stairs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Attended a wedding celebration at the Flying Horse function room. The room was spotless and the sound system was great. Location could not be any more convenient for transport and we were impressed by how helpful and courteous all the staff were in response to any enquiry. The venue was family friendly with no hazards to endanger the play of boisterous children. The buffet sourced through the venue was delicious and everyone who attended the celebration had their fill. Would certainly choose this venue for a function in future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family