“Just Average”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This is my second visit to the italian room & while it's nice it doesn't blow me away. I went with a group of friends but it wouldn't be my restaurant of choice if dining with family. The early bird menu for £11.95 is good value, a choice of stater and pasta or pizza main. I had the garlic king prawns to start & spaghetti marinara for main. I also ordered some garlic bread too. I needed to add some salt to my main as it was pretty tasteless. The waiters were pleasant but nothing special...one in particular seemed like he needed to stand at the end of our table and watch us intently & listen to our conversations, it made me feel a bit uncomfortable! At 10.15 when we were getting ourselves together to leave a couple of the waiters were standing around in their coats! I actually googled to see what time the place shut & if we were keeping them! (It said 10.30)
Food just average. Nothing special, maybe if you ate from the main menu it might be different!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

1st came here over 1 years ago the day we moved into the area,
if anything the place has got even better ,
roomier than it looks , great value , especially if you get the early bird menu , & quality & service that would shame many Manchester / City venue that boast loftier titles.

would highly recommend

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I came here at the weekend and weren't too sure what to expect as we had never been before, but we had a really great experience from start to finish. The atmosphere in the place was lovely upon arrival and throughout the evening and the drinks including both the red and white house wine and also the prosecco were all very nice! Most of us had starters off the the specials menu and our plates were left completely clean! The same again happened with our mains which were delicious and the waiters were more than happy to help with a few demands from the fussier eaters! Service all the way through the evening was brilliant and it was all in all a really lovely experience had by all. We will definitely be returning here again very soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Went out for an evening of fun and ended up in the Italian Room, the service was first class and the food was amazing. Wasn't rushed, normal dress code and had plenty of time to enjoy it. Will definitely be going there again.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

What can I say. Very quiet when we were there. Service was good overall at times too much. Food was ok. Calamari was overdone and not very inspiring. Main was good tasty and I enjoyed it. Could have been more but for price was fair.

Would I go again. Probly not other better places.