“a diamond of a find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochdale
Fernhill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Rochdale B&B and Inns
newry co down ireland
“a diamond of a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is my second stay in fernhill,first time was last year for 1 night stay over booked by my cousin who lives in rochdale.first time was summer and there isn't words to explain the fabulous view and the farm itself with the stables .this time we stayed over the weekend in winter,it's snowed and it felt so much more special looking out the window onto the stables ,I love this place,it's spotless ,friendly,trusting,Jennifer is lovely and can't do enough,I lost all my flight documents she let me use computer,we had baby the first time,we were allowed to stay longer than checkout with baby ,what you need if it can be done they will help,I can't recommended it highly enough,I'm coming back in summer with my mum and baby and I can't wait..this is a special find.

Room Tip: Oak room looks right over Rochdale and can see the beautiful horse as soon as you open curtains
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at Fernhill for our annual treat to Nutters restaurant and it was just as good as the first time we stayed.

We asked for some directions to a local pub that we could walk to before we booked and sure enough when we arrived a hand drawn map was provided for us to walk across all the local fields to the local pub.

The rooms are clean and it is nice to see a hotel operate on an old fashioned trust system.

Brilliant hotel for a nice relaxing night away in the hills. Will certainly stay again.

Thanks for your hospitality, Darren and Claire

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Fernhill is on a working farm and accessed by the farm road.
On arrival our keys were waiting as promised. Our family room was immaculate. Modern and clean. Beds were comfy and bathroom had everything you could need.
The view was stunning over Rochdale. Stabling is available too, which meant we had 3 of Santa's reindeer grazing outside our room in the morning!
I have recomended it to friends and family.
The only thing that would make it any better would be the option to have a cooked breakfast. However the breakfast room was excellent and we had more than enough to eat.

Room Tip: The Oak Room was perfect for Mum and Dad and one child.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I didn't stay here myself but booked on behalf of a friend who just needed the one night's accommodation in Rochdale. I took him there from the station and had a good look around. What a lovely feel to the place! It's a farm on the edge of the moors with a fantastic view of the Manchester skyline. There's no 'reception' but, as arranged by 'phone, an envelope, containing keys, had been left with his name on it. The room was clean and comfortable with TV etc. and a modern en-suite shower room. An adjacent room had a microwave, sink, and fridge for communal use. The room-only price was a very reasonable £30 and, for an extra £2.50, drinks, cereal and toast were available for you to prepare yourself in the breakfast room. Excellent!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 'Stables' appeared to be newer and possibly larger but I'm not 100% sur...
Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Fernhill offers superb very comfortable rooms at an excellent price. Very clean and modern practical bathrooms. A cereal, toast and juice / coffee / tea breakfast for 2.50 open 24/7. There are horses right next door and sheep just the other side of the fence ! The staff smile smile smile and are a pleasure to meet. The location is so quiet one can hear a pin drop and the view is terrific. So - whether you are a traveling salesman, 3 day visitor to Rochdale as I am, need a good value break with your lady, or simply just some fresh air and peace and quiet I highly recommend this place. After my review I hope I can get in next time !!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy030754
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

we stayed at the Fernhill bed and breakfast earlier this year for 2 nights with our little boy whilst visiting family in Rochdale and Heywood. This was our first bed and breakfast experience in Rochdale and we were really surprised at how lovely it was, we had been given a large double bedroom in the converted steading overlooking Rochdale. It is so peaceful and very much like home for us. The room was pleasant and bathroom really nice, we were left to our own devices with our key left in the box for us, we met Jennifer the owner when we were leaving, she is lovely. we didn't have breakfast here as we were with family but I am sure it would have been fine. The place can book up quickly in advance as we found out this weekend as we stayed somewhere terrible as Jennifer had no rooms left and we kept comparing it to Fernhill.. we will definitely stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Overnight stop with my daughter. Arrived early evening and key left in key box with instructions. More than adequate and greeting person not essential. First impressions very good. I knew I would like it from just parking up. What a view! Ontop of hill looking down to Rochdale. Room was first class. Very clean and tidy. I liked thr wet room too. View from window were sheep. So peaceful.

The breakfast room was lovely. Very clean with wooden furniture. Breakfast was cereal, juice and toast, all for £2.50. I could have stayed there forever! Next time I will. Shops and Rochdale just down the road. Jennifer the landlady came the following day at 9.00am and she was lovely. had a nice chat before leaving.

Would recommed Fernhill to anyone.

Room Tip: None. I told Jennifer that I would like twin beds and this was done (The room was a double) at no ex...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tom_salmon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel
BEST WESTERN Broadfield Park Hotel
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to Fernhill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!