“good food and service”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

food is very good,staff are on the ball but not hovering over you,been 3 times now, no complaints whatsoever

There are newer reviews for The Pavilion 2 Bangladeshi Restaurant & Take Away

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The initial pickles and poppadoms were great with generous amounts of 5 options , the Tamarind dip was a bit more unusual .and is particularly recommended. Mixed starter was tasty and plenty of it, onion baghee was golden ,light, not at all greasy, one of the best I have ever had. . Chicken Tikka Bhuna, Special Balti, Special Fried Rice and Garlic Naan were all well cooked, generous portions, and provided a fine Indian meal for 2,This was one of the nicest Indian meals that we have had. Left us full and very satisfied. The owner and head chef had a pleasant and informative chat with us, friendly, obliging, not pushy, and rightly proud of his achievements here over just 18 months, winning an award for best restaurant in the Manchester area and 8th best in the country. The outside of the restaurant and its position did not look promising, but the food and service inside were inspiring, well worth a visit, we will definitely be back again soon, thank you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just been in to celebrate my birthday with my family and as usual you are greeted by happy and friendly staff.

The food is absolutely fantastic and would definitely recommend this restaurant for both the food and the service.

Mty wife and I had the Lamb Saag on this visit and it was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to The Pavilion 2 with 12 friends. It was my first visit so I didn't know what to expect but I was not disappointed. The restaurant was a little out dated but lovely and clean with tables set out beautifully and a great atmosphere. Service was fabulous from efficient and friendly staff. The menu was extensive and the food amazing, very tasty and plentiful plus I was able to take a doggy bag home. I have visited several other Indian restaurants in Rochdale but this is my favourite. Only downside is that drinks are expensive. However I will definitely go back again. Hopefully soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Having read all the reviews thought we would try this place as it is number 1 on trip advisor !
First impressions as you walk through the door is that its just another curry house ! Looking around the ceiling tiles could do with updating and 3 or 4 lights out . Dont get me wrong the food was nice , but so are most curry houses . Fast service and friendly staff . Not sure why its number 1 ? In the whole of rochdale ?
Not trying to put you off , go try it for yourself .

3  Thank lee t