Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
US$56
Agoda.com
US$88
US$86
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel(Rochdale)(Great Value!)
US$91
Travelodge Bury(Bury)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Travelodge
1,185 results
All reviewssteam roomice roomthermal suiterelaxation roomchanging roomsduty managerleisure facilitiescourse dinnerreception staffbar priceswedding receptionwedding partyfood was lovelylots of choiceplenty of parkingfrom start to finishbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Stayed here for two nights and was really impressed. The room was clean and comfy and the staff very friendly. The spa facilities were very good. Loved the outdoor jacuzzi.
We booked onto the 80.s explotion night and all of our party of 6 enjoyed it, and had a fun night. The meal was also very good and overall I wasvery impressed.

Room Tip: Room 215 was nice. Ask to stay near the spa end
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Donald_Stewart, Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Likey Likey!
Great review thank you so much. I am glad you had a fabulous Christmas party on the 80's explosion, I love the 80's Adam and the Ants were my favourite band from that era.
I will pass on your kind words to the team we have great staff at the hotel and its always nice to give them good feedback it really helps.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel next year for your Christmas celebrations.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I would just like to send my Thanks to all the staff at the Norton Grange for the hard work involved in organising the Soul & Motown Christmas Party Night. Thanks especially to Lucy in Conference & Banqueting, the Chefs for an excellent meal, the waiting staff for their attention and the DJ for keeping us all dancing.

I agree with the previous comment that the Norton Grange did indeed manage to amintain their high standards during this exceptionally busy time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We held our Xmas 'Do' at the Norton Grange Hotel. We had a wonderful evening which exceeded our expectations. The room held about 150 people but still felt intimate. Soon after being seated we were given individual notes by the staff to remind us of our pre-selected food choices (which was a clever touch!)
The starters arrived very quickly & I have to say that the home made pate was exceptional - it was the best starter I can remember having. There was just the right amount of time between courses & I had a lovely turkey dinner & chocolate torte to follow....I ate literally everthing!! What a credit to the hotel that they retain their super standards at this very busy time of the year. The staff were courteous & attentive & continually checked that we had everything we needed & more. Two of our party arrived very late after being stuck behind an accident & the staff accomodated this without hesitation.
The D.J. & artist that sang did a brilliant job & kept the dancefloor full all night.
We also spoke to one member of the catering staff for advice during the night - I would like to thank him for his personal attention & information (even assisting one of our party that didn't feel too well) forgot to get his name but if it helps he had red cloggs on!!!! Well done Norton Grange we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Donald_Stewart, Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Mil006

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas party at Norton Grange, it’s so hard to please everyone over the festive period as the right entertainment and food can be hard to choose. The pate is great myself and the head chef Phil (who was the chap in the red clogs) made sure that the recipe came up to standard, we are glad you enjoyed it.
I will pass your comments onto the rest of the team. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and great New Year.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Last weekend my new wife and I had our reception at the Norton Grange hotel in Rochdale. We had a small reception in the Springhill suite, one of the smaller reception rooms in the hotel. Despite this, from the start we were made to feel special. Michelle, the wedding co ordinator went out of her way to calm the fears of my bride, who was nervous that the day wouldn't go to plan. From the start the day went so much smoother than either of us expected it would and this was especially the case with the reception. We have Michelle's planning and preparation to thank for that.
I would also like to commend the duty manager Ben, who, on the day made sure that our every requirement was catered for. He was very attentive, polite and professional ( even when he had to deal with my most raucous guest ). His attention to detail made sure that the reception proceeded without any problems and he was reliably aided by the other members of staff on duty, who made sure that the meal ran smoothly and that our guests were catered for.
I have had quite a bit of feedback from our guests about the food. Everyone has said that they enjoyed their meals. Apparently the cheesecake was " to die for " ( but I had a very generous helping of Dutch apple tart, which was also very nice ). The other courses also received very favourable comments, especially the lamb.
Right from the start we were very pleasantly surprised by the level of service including the complementary room on our wedding night and the months membership of the spa.
i would like to end by thanking everyone concerned at the hotel for their contributions towards making our wedding day one to truly remember for all the right reasons.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Donald_Stewart, Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Stuart
Thank you for your comments regarding your wedding at Norton Grange, I would like to wish you and your wife best wishes for the future.
I have spoken with Michelle and Ben and thanked them for looking after you so well before and after your special day. I will also pass your comments onto the kitchen team who delighted your guests with the desserts!
Hope to see you again soon at Norton Grange.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Would highly reommend the hotel, for a rate not far above very basic hotel we were really impressed. Room was modern and very clean with all the usual facilities.

Well worth a trip to the pool and Spa as while the pool was very standard (and too cold) there were several different saunas and steam rooms and also a very large jacuzzi half of which is outdoors but plenty hot enough, unusual and works really well!

We ate in the hotel and again the food was superb, prices pretty normal and standard of the food above average.

Finally every member of staff we met was helpful far beyond any expectation, on each occasion they not only did they're job but were friendly and went out of their way to help, if one of the managers reads this I hope they fully appreciate what an asset the staff are.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I really appreciate your comments and will pass them onto the staff concerned. Staff are the most important part of our business as we are in the business of making people happy and I am glad we have achieved this with you.
We do have a great Spa at the hotel and have so many great reviews.
I do hope we will see you again soon at the hotel.