This year our family and friends (AKA The Bah Humbug Appreciation Society) decided to try Christmas away. We wanted somewhere not far away in case the weather was bad and we had trouble travelling, and a friend had been to the Norton Grange about 3 years ago. It was the best Chriatmas we have ever had!
9 of us came and we had 4 rooms. We checked in on Chriatmas Eve and went in the pool and spa. This was a brilliant area, and relaxing in the outdoor heated pool/jacuzzi watching the sun go down was amazing. We had a 3 course dinner on Christmas Eve, and had pre-ordered our meal and wine (there was a discount if you pre-order and pay for wine!). The meal was really nice, and we had hats and crackers etc on the table. A Sinatra singer provided the entertainment.
On Christmas day a full breakfast was provided, and this was one of the better hotel breakfasts we have had. When that had gone down there was time for another swim and go in the spa as it was open until 1pm. It was great being able to swim on Christmas Day (that was one reason we chose the hotel) and our 9 year old loved it. There was then time to change before a 3 course Christmas Dinner, complete with a visit from Santa. Again, the food was brilliant and not the mass produced meals you get on Chrstmas parties. Those that wanted to could watch the Queen's speech with some Chritmas cake, or you could walk round the grounds or relax. A buffet was provided in the evening, then entertainment at night. We finished off with breakfast on Boxing Day.
The staff were absolutely brilliant, and all very polite and pleasant. Our rooms were all great. I've read the other reviews, and I suppose you could tell the carpet on our was older than the one in the room, but it wasn't worn, and the hotel was all very clean.
There were lots of finishing touches, like the glass of mulled wine we were offered when we arrived, and the mini mince pies at reception. It was tremendous value for money, and if it doesn't leap up in price we may go again. I have already had 2 requests to organise a trip for next year and more people are interested now!
Thanks for a great weekend, and I didn't feel like a bah humbug at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in it's own beautiful grounds, the Mercure Norton Grange Hotel and Spa caters for the needs of each individual. Leisure facilities and car parking are complimentary to all of our guests. Please check with the hotel for dining availability as our restaurant can be closed at weekends for private functions. Please also note that child pool times apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Norton Grange Hotel Rochdale
- Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel And Spa Rochdale, Greater Manchester