Me and my boyfriend decided to stay at the Norton Grange for our one year anniversary. We had previously visited with work and found the service and food excellent.
On arrival, we checked in and went up to our executive room which we had paid extra for. We were supposed to have drinks, dressing gowns and toiletries but none of these were in the room. I phoned reception who apologised and sent these things to our room. The member of staff who brought them knocked on the door but then just let herself in. Good job we weren't getting changed! The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfy.
The jacuzzi and pool area is nice but was very busy, it was a Saturday afternoon though so was to be expected.
We had booked our evening meal for 8pm, we were quickly seated and our drinks order was taken. 25 minutes later, the drinks arrived and the waitress said she would be back in a minute to take our food order. She never returned and we were waiting for an hour before my boyfriend found a member of staff and asked if we could place our order. We both decided to order a starter and main course. I chose the shepherds pie croquettes and my boyfriend chose prawn and crayfish cocktail. For mains, I had steak and my boyfriend chose the double burger. I asked for my steak to be cooked medium, it arrived well done and very tough. My boyfriend's burgers were also over-cooked. We decided not to send our food back as it was now half past 9, 1 1/2 hours after we had originally sat down. On leaving the resturant, I overheard another man complaining about his wife's medium steak being well done and tough.
This hotel seemed to be good value for money when we booked but after our night here, it is cheaper for a reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in it's own beautiful grounds, the Mercure Norton Grange Hotel and Spa caters for the needs of each individual. Leisure facilities and car parking are complimentary to all of our guests. Please check with the hotel for dining availability as our restaurant can be closed at weekends for private functions. Please also note that child pool times apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Norton Grange Hotel Rochdale
- Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel And Spa Rochdale, Greater Manchester