“Absolute pleasure”

Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have been staying at the Norton Grange for the last 4 months on business.
The staff are polite and always go the extra mile to give you the stay you desire.
On the reception you have Jane's team who are very well presented, professional and attentive.
In the restaurant and bar there is Claire who is such a special part of the whole experience, polite, attentive, professional and most of all FUNNY. Her team along with Emily and Preston are amazing people and make boring evenings that much more special.
The rooms are always clean even though warm in the summer, so thanks also to the housekeeping team.

All in all, THANKS A MILLION TEAM.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are more than worth the little extra that you pay. The point for me is the walk...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

Wow what a great review of the hotel, its always nice to read such great comments especially about the staff. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here on business for one night. Upon checking in I was greeted by a well presented lady who had a smile from brim to brim, it instantly put a smile on my face. I was struggling with hands full of things and she offered to hold my suit and other clothing items whilst I signed the paper work so as to not drag them on the floor, nice touch I thought. I did not eat at this hotels restaurant as I was meeting a friend in Manchester for dinner (very close to hotel 20 mins drive) but when I ate at breakfast I found the restaurant to be very spacious and well maintained and fashionably decorated. My room was spotlessly clean and I actually had a really good night’s sleep. At breakfast the staff were really well presented and very polite, I would say that the poached eggs at breakfast must have been the best I've had in a while. Thanks for an enjoyable stay, I shall definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review, I am glad you enjoyed our services. It’s always nice to receive such great comments especially about the staff. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great hotel - hidden from the main road. Very friendly staff - great spa (pool/steam room, etc). The staff were very helpful (especially the receptionist)
Great buffet breakfast at the weekend - during the week it's made to order.

Room Tip: Use the Spa - very good !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments; I am glad you enjoyed our facilities. It’s always nice to receive such great comments especially about the staff. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Attended a wedding the food and service during the day was wonderful. I would like to thank the staff who made the day so perfect. The only gripe is that there is no air conditioning in the bedrooms or the Hopwood suite, not a problem in the winter but could do with it in the summer months. That aside we had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a nice review, its always nice to read such great comments especially about the staff. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Upon arrival didn't get off to a good start as there was a mix up with our booking. After requesting a refund on our voucher which had been purchased as a gift we were offered a free facial and lunch and the opportunity to use our voucher at a later date. We accepted this and were rather hurriedly shown to the changing rooms and pointed to the direction of where to go for lunch. After that no staff were around to answer any queries. Went up for lunch at 1:30 and still again no one there to tell us what to do so we sat and waited. It was a very small room, more like a café where you see to yourself. The changing rooms were full of dirty towels and dressing gowns - this highlights the lack of staff. Not very much pampering at all. If the manager had not heard our problem we would have just been sent away with a view to re-booking p.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline D

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, I am sorry that you encountered so many problems during your visit and I have addressed them with our Leisure Club Manager.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My partner booked this hotel as a spa and hotel deal for a birthday treat for the two of us as we are also expecting a baby in 3 weeks time. We booked very last minute so I didn't have high expectations.

When we arrived at the Mercure, we were greeted by wonderfully friendly staff at reception. After checking our details the kind lady informed us that we had been upgraded to an executive suite as it was my birthday. Understandably we were highly grateful for this and excitedly went to check into our room. After having a look around and deciding we loved the room the telephone on the bedside table rang. It was the kind lady from reception who informed us that in fact, she had just found out the Bridal Suite was free and would like to upgrade us again to this.

Thinking this couldn't possibly get any better we excitedly checked into our new room. We were completely shocked at how beautiful the Bridal Suite is. Almost like a little apartment with French doors opening out onto the courtyard, we genuinely couldn't believe our luck!!! Absolutely stunning room.

We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and relaxing on the loungers, whilst my partner enjoyed the wonderfully heated jacuzzi leading out into the outside heated pool with a stunning view of the gardens (I couldn't use these due to being pregnant but I was wonderfully relaxed). The pool / spa area was clean and luxurious.

We then went back to our amazing room to get ready for the evening. As part of our package a 3 course evening meal was included. I must say the food was absolutely wonderful, 5 star quality. Beautifully served and very tasty. We were both upset to be so full by the time it came to dessert so we shared a dessert, and this again was delicious. We then retired to the hotel bar to relax with a drink before retiring to our room for the evening. The waiting staff were very friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough for us.

We both had a wonderful nights sleep and the bed was incredibly comfortable. There were no noise issues at all. We then went down for our buffet style breakfast which again was as good as the evening meal - plenty to choose from and all delicious, just a shame you can only eat so much before getting too full!!

As part of our weekend deal we both had a treatment in the spa beauty area, my partner enjoyed a massage whilst I had a fantastic pedicure, again the staff at the beauty area were equally as friendly and helpful.

We were informed that we were entitled to use all the facilities after we had checked out, but unfortunately we had to leave to get home - we would both have happily stayed for the rest of the day.

My partner used the gym facilities on both days and was impressed with the equipment and the quality of the gym.

Overall this was a fantastic weekend and we will most definitely be going back to this hotel. My partner and I both agree we wish we had discovered this place sooner!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adam_wilkins
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of six women going for a relaxing weekend.

We had the privilege rooms - I would highly recommend. Rooms were lovely - robes and slippers on the bed ready for us.
Complimentary drinks and a coffee machine available.

We spent the afternoon in the spa - which was lovely and very clean. The hydro pool and several versions of saunas were totally relaxing.

For lunch we went for a walk and are away from the hotel - bit I wish we ate at the hotel now. As the evening meal was amazing. Presentation of food and Service was 100%. Restaurant manager could not have been any more accommodating.
Breakfast - classic full English with teas, coffees, pastries, fresh fruits plus extra items were available to order.

I would like to say a massive thank you to Nicola on reception - again very helpful with excellent customer service.

We will definately be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Helenh1234
Damon_YoxallH6631, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, its always nice to read such great comments especially about the staff. I will pass on your thoughts to the rest of the team and look forward in welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Damon Yoxall

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Birch Hotel
#1 of 1 in Heywood
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!