“Fanbloodytastic”

Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here last night my title says it all. The room was amazing, the bed so comfy the best of Best Western so far. The staff were very attentive to our needs and nothing was too much trouble. The food considering we were going to eat out but rain stop us thankfully was truly delicious and certainly was not expensive as we thought it would be for a Best Western. Well done Broadfield park Hotel you all deserve a big round of applause

Room Tip: Superior quality
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am staying in Rochdale for work reasons and needed a comfortable, good value hotel close the train station. Broadfield Park fits the bill perfectly. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in and all the staff I've dealt with have been friendly and always ready and willing to help.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room over the kitchen, since there's not only noise from there, you also get the...
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't rate the Broadfield as a hotel as I have not stayed there, so this review is of very limited scope. I have just returned from my works Christmas lunch at the Broadfield. The food was "mass produced" , even though there were only 10 of us eating, with an over reliance on packet mixes for soup, stuffing and sauces. Vegetables were served on the plates, not in serving dishes, and had unidentifiable dried herbs on them which made them taste 'musty', meat and fish had been coated with gravy/sauce, which we would have preferred to add for ourselves.
The advertised 'sundae' turned out to be 3 scoops of ice cream!
The surroundings were delightful, the staff friendly and the rooms comfortable and well heated. Such a shame that the catering was 'school canteen' more than welcoming hotel. I saw no love of good food, no inventiveness, no attempt at pleasing presentation or quality. Although the food was hot, some of it had been kept warm too long and was dry. Overall the feeling was convenience and speed, not quality. I wasn't surprised that our party were the only diners. We won't be there next year!

1  Thank alternomen
Reviewed 19 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here with friends and family, as part of my 50th birthday party celebrations. Had my party at Mango Bar, which also made it a phenomenal weekend, all told. Fantastic service at this hotel. Very nice surroundings of Broadfield Park. All young staff, but very obliging. The barman is a legend. Will definitely stay here again. Fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2013

When I arrived at the hotel I was a little disconcerted to see that there was only one other car on the carpark. I felt reassured when I saw that there was someone on reception! HE chatted and told me it was an unusually quiet night and was very helpful, he made sure that despite the restaurant being closed they could point me in the direction of food if needed and all the usual info about wake-up calls, newspapers and breakfast. He also told me if I was traveling alone they would upgrade by twin room, however I told him that we needed a twin as my sister was staying.

The room was clean and large for the price paid. The decor looked like it needed little touch-ups. Only downside was both beds were a little uncomfy and you could feel the springs.

For the price and the friendliness of all the staff I encountered I would stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
The Royal Toby Hotel
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel? Share your experiences!