“Disgusting hotel ”

Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rochdale
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and have to say it was the worst 4 nights of my life. I had problems from the get go. The first night wasn't too horrendous, I had been travelling all day so just wanted to get into bed ASAP. The next evening after finishing work on entering my room I noticed the cutlery I had used from the previous night was still there, the mug I had used had been rinsed out in the bathroom sink. I then thought to check the bedding which was covered in black stains. I called reception asked to speak to the manager, I showed the manager the filthy stains on the bed sheets all she had to say was 'we are fully booked' i was mortified I cannot be expected to sleep in such filthy conditions so she then 'upgraded' me to the bridal suite. I walked in thinking hey this is brilliant, huge bed, lovely bathroom, very excited!! However it was more of a downgrade the room smelt of damp, the bathtub was filthy! I wiped the side with a facial wipe and it was covered in black filth!! I did not shower the whole time I was there, the rooms are filthy, the staff are rude, the food is disgusting. It is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Luckily I will never have to stay in such a disgusting hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Yum1234

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed in this lovely old hotel for 2 nights to attend my friends wedding. The staff from start to finish were very friendly and accommodating. Food excellent. Room very warm and cosy. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor nice views over park
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here last night my title says it all. The room was amazing, the bed so comfy the best of Best Western so far. The staff were very attentive to our needs and nothing was too much trouble. The food considering we were going to eat out but rain stop us thankfully was truly delicious and certainly was not expensive as we thought it would be for a Best Western. Well done Broadfield park Hotel you all deserve a big round of applause

Room Tip: Superior quality
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I am staying in Rochdale for work reasons and needed a comfortable, good value hotel close the train station. Broadfield Park fits the bill perfectly. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in and all the staff I've dealt with have been friendly and always ready and willing to help.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room over the kitchen, since there's not only noise from there, you also get the...
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't rate the Broadfield as a hotel as I have not stayed there, so this review is of very limited scope. I have just returned from my works Christmas lunch at the Broadfield. The food was "mass produced" , even though there were only 10 of us eating, with an over reliance on packet mixes for soup, stuffing and sauces. Vegetables were served on the plates, not in serving dishes, and had unidentifiable dried herbs on them which made them taste 'musty', meat and fish had been coated with gravy/sauce, which we would have preferred to add for ourselves.
The advertised 'sundae' turned out to be 3 scoops of ice cream!
The surroundings were delightful, the staff friendly and the rooms comfortable and well heated. Such a shame that the catering was 'school canteen' more than welcoming hotel. I saw no love of good food, no inventiveness, no attempt at pleasing presentation or quality. Although the food was hot, some of it had been kept warm too long and was dry. Overall the feeling was convenience and speed, not quality. I wasn't surprised that our party were the only diners. We won't be there next year!

1  Thank alternomen
Reviewed 19 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochdale
The Royal Toby Hotel
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel? Share your experiences!