“A fabulous gastronomique experience”
Review of Nutters Restaurant

Nutters Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 309 Restaurants in Rochdale
Price range: US$65 - US$65
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We decided to visit Nutters because of its reputation and the reviews. We went for lunch and had the Gourmet menu which was very good value for money at £38 for 6 courses and canapes.

We both agreed that it was one of the most, if not the most, enjoyable and delicious meal with have had in a long while. The menu was varied and of good quality ingredients. We once ate at a restaurant and had the taster menu and all we got was pork and fish in different styles. Here we were asked our dislikes and allergies. I mentioned I loved scallops and that was my second course. All courses were superb. Would defintely recommend the sweet dessert rather than cheese. The desserts were gorgeous. Excellent presentation of food also.

The service was friendly and helpful, but not overly intrusive. The tables were dressed stylishly and the atmosphere was generally very pleasant.

We hope to return very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,392)

Reviewed 22 February 2010

4 of us went here for a birthday celebration in January and it was a complete disappointment. Started badly with some tastless canapes being offered and just went down hill from there. Bread rolls were offered but obviously re-heated/re-used from before. The starters were ok but my main course which had scallops was overooked and the scallops were like rubber. The others in my party thought their main courses were nothing more than ordinary and lacked any of the expected sparkle of a restaurant with such a glowing reputation. We declined sweets as we were not willing to payt the steep prices and be disappointed further. Service was ok but the maitre de, who I believe is the Chef''s father, was decidely unpleasant and surly. Don't dare complain here!
We have dined here several times in the past but there is no doubt that standards have slipped and there are other better options in the area both in terms of food and in value because this is an expensive restaurant. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

We visitted Nutters at lunch time, and chose the gourmet menu. Unlike some reviews, we have no complaints about unfriendly service: the staff were helpful yet unobtrusive, professional yet unpretentious.

The gourmet meal was the best food we have had in this country for some time. Each of the 6 courses plus canapes were balanced compositions and hard to fault. Each course showed some creative flair, whilst respecting the character of the main ingredient. The gourmet menu allows for surprise, avoids stressful decisions, and is essentially more social because you are both having the same food.

If we are to be balanced, we should point out that the decor whilst probably being in vogue when it was first done, is now looking a little dark and dated. It isn't so much that this spoils the experience, but that it is incongruous with the food and image the young chef seeks to portray.

Still, £38 for 7 courses of quality imaginative food is hard to beat.

Reviewed 23 December 2009

Living in the North Manchester area I have visited many of the restaurants reviewed on this site. I have been patronised by staff, I have been treated rudely, I have paid exorbitant prices to ‘enjoy’ the dullest of gastronomical delights that some establishments offer. However, after numerous visits to Nutters, I have never been let down and never had a bad meal. The service is always friendly, courteous yet professional. The food is always fresh and exceptional value for money with a variety of menu’s and choices of local produce. Starters are priced ranging from £3 - £7 and mains anything up to £17.50. The Christmas menu was priced at £22.50 for 3 courses, which again was terrifc value for the choices on offer.

Lunch is served until 2pm and also offers a 'traditional afternoon tea' on certain wekdays. One for those special occaisions.

The restaurant is housed in a former hospital and the tasteful architecture caters well for the current clientel. There is an exhaustive wine list, again competitively priced.
Due to the talents of the chef Andrew Nutter, this restaurant has won award after award. Quite simply it is in a different league to others in the area. I am fortunate I live so close.

Reviewed 27 November 2009

We went to Nutter's for our anniversary and decided to have the surprise taster menu. You can state any likes and dislikes as well as more serious things like allergies and they do take it all into account when selecting the menu for you. Food was excellent and every course wonderful to look at as well as tasting fabulous! The selection of desserts was well worth the trip but by the end i couldn't move!! Despite the many courses the portions of each dish are still good, I was expecting much smaller dishes! Was surprised at how reasonable the price was given the high quality, I think the taster menu is about £40 each, which is excellent value for money!
Will definately be going back again hopefully soon.