“Watch out for that road”

Harefield Manor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Romford
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Watch out for that road”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel is in 2 halves across a fairly main road, I checked in to the main hotel and the receptionist couldn't be faulted. It was a first for me to be handed a TV remote on reception, but thats better than getting to the room and finding it missing.
I had to drive my car across the road to the annex block, this is fairly new, and the card key opens the front door and the room, the room was very clean and tidy, the room was bright.
Could have done with some nets in the window as i was on the ground floor, in was it essentially a residential street. so had to close the curtains, to get changed.
Didnt try the food here, though my checkin on facebook, a friend commented I should try the fish, but i didnt get around to it.
Check out was quick, and I was on my way.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Simon R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here for a night on business. Friendly and helpful staff and decent restaurant for dinner. Breakfast not included in the room price but reasonable additional cost for London. Standard rooms are small (not sure you would comfortably fit two adults into a double room) but they are clean and have an iron, tea making facilities etc. Little additional touches such as better information in the room (such as wifi password, local amenities etc) would be helpful; not to mention the lack of information on how to contact reception from your room without walking down there. I also agree with an earlier review that providing the remote control on check-in is a little patronising!

However, all in all a good place to stay, particularly for female business travellers looking for a comfortable, unobtrusive and pleasent stay. I'd certainly recommend it and would go back if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask when booking where room located - hotel is situated on a busy main road so if looking for a quie...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I came down this way on business and was recommended this hotel, I found the staff courteous, nothing was too much hassle, the room was well equipped and clean and I enjoyed the food. Overall a great place to stay, well situated. I'll be back!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Kent
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Back at Harefield again today! What a treat! The team are always pleased to see me again and always make me feel welcome!

If your in need of a good place to stay in the Romford area, Harefield is always a great choice!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IloveshoppingKent
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We held our third annual charity night at Harefield Manor, and as always they got it spot on... We had 340 guests and have had absolutely excellent feedback from them all.... The staff were really good, nothing too much trouble for them... We had a buffet, that was out of this world...Paul the owner and his team pulled out all the stops for us to make our night go without any hiccups. We stayed there the night, in a suite was really nice.. Very clean, and well equipped.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Cheshire UK
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was going to rate this hotel as average as actually compared to many it is but they do stand out in a few ways which deserve an extra point.

So I was here for 2 nights on business, the travel company had messed up the booking but the hotel sorted it all quite quickly and without any hassle for me.

I was in one of the rooms by the decking in the main hotel which I know some people have raved about. I found the room to be pretty average.
Niggles would be no decent mirror at all the room unless you stand in the wardrobe - maybe a good mirror over where you have the hairdryer Harefield? It was also very bland no pictures/chairs homely touches just a bed a telly and lots and lots of cream paint.
I promise I wont steal your remote so please dont treat me like I would by only presenting one on check in. Very clean though and all in all had everything most people would need from a short stay

Major point winners for the hotel were for me the parking, location, the lovely staff and the fantastic Italian restaurant. Tried some new foods for me tonight and it was a good decision very tasty and if anything far too big. The staff couldn't do enough to help and were friendly and welcoming 10/10

As ever the staff make the hotel that bit more special

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nelskii
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My husband booked this hotel for a one night stay for my 50th birthday. we were both a bit disapointed with our room, It was very clean and big but the decor was old fashioned and wood chip paper on walls. Most strange on arrival they asked us if we would like the remote for the TV, why would you put a TV in a room and not have the remote in there? The cables to the TV were hanging down the wall and didn't look good. Breakfast was ok but wouldn't return to this hotel as it is poor value for money

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diane c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romford
Gidea Park Hotel
#1 of 4 in Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
De Rougemont Manor
#3 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to Harefield Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!