“fantastic wedding”

Harefield Manor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Romford
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just a week ago I had my sit down meal and reception for my wedding at Harefield Manor and cannot fault it for anything. Paul (manager) was very supportive for myself, a young bride, for the whole 18months in planning the big day, and we met reguarly to keep on top of the plans. The food was fantastic and all my guests loved both the wedding breakfast and evening buffet. All guests who stayed overnight were also very pleased with their hotel rooms, which i also found great myself. Love everything about Harefield and was perfect for my special day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Having lost money in another venue that went into liquidation, i was very fortunate to have then found harefield manor to host my husband's surprise 40th birthday party. Paul the manager was very understanding and helped me to turn the party around in just 2 weeks. The buffet was to die for, i've had endless comments from all attendees saying the food was fantastic. Staff are very friendly and nothing is too much for them. I dont know why i didnt book this venue first. 10/10 first class!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Second time I've stayed at the Harefield Manor, and it's improved even more since I last stayed!

I was in the 'other' half of the hotel, across a busy road - not great if you're with children I guess, but no less inconvenient for a business traveller than trying to navigate incomprehensibly numbered corridors in any other hotel.

I didn't eat at all at the hotel, so can't comment on this. The room however was perfect - a large bathroom, very comfortable, fast (and amazingly, free) wifi and free parking - absolutely brilliant. The room even had an iron and very plentiful tea/coffee making facilities.

Staff were friendly, quick and efficient. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel was fantastic,very clean ,classy and the food was second to none, the staff where very attentive and extremely friendly... I would recomend it ...Anne Marie
the attention to detail was perfect.
the owner and his son made you feel like one of the family.
I live in Brighton ,do not normaly frequent London ,but the journey and effort was well worth the trouble

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel is in 2 halves across a fairly main road, I checked in to the main hotel and the receptionist couldn't be faulted. It was a first for me to be handed a TV remote on reception, but thats better than getting to the room and finding it missing.
I had to drive my car across the road to the annex block, this is fairly new, and the card key opens the front door and the room, the room was very clean and tidy, the room was bright.
Could have done with some nets in the window as i was on the ground floor, in was it essentially a residential street. so had to close the curtains, to get changed.
Didnt try the food here, though my checkin on facebook, a friend commented I should try the fish, but i didnt get around to it.
Check out was quick, and I was on my way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed here for a night on business. Friendly and helpful staff and decent restaurant for dinner. Breakfast not included in the room price but reasonable additional cost for London. Standard rooms are small (not sure you would comfortably fit two adults into a double room) but they are clean and have an iron, tea making facilities etc. Little additional touches such as better information in the room (such as wifi password, local amenities etc) would be helpful; not to mention the lack of information on how to contact reception from your room without walking down there. I also agree with an earlier review that providing the remote control on check-in is a little patronising!

However, all in all a good place to stay, particularly for female business travellers looking for a comfortable, unobtrusive and pleasent stay. I'd certainly recommend it and would go back if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask when booking where room located - hotel is situated on a busy main road so if looking for a quie...