“Outstanding”

Ranked #3 of 5 Romford B&B and Inns
Romford
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is my 3rd week staying at the guest house. I stayed for a week last July, and now in my 2nd week in January. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the room, the outstanding and friendly service that I received and the extremely flexible checking in times.

It was really easy to find and close to Romford town centre. Good safe parking facilities as it was around the back. Internet signal is high speed so I was able to work in the room in the evenings. The room and bathroom is cleaned daily and tea, coffee, sugar and biscuits are stocked up daily also. If there is a problem you can ring the owner at any time and the issues are soon resolved. I have found it to be extremely quiet and a very comfortable night’s sleep.

I would highly recommend this stay and will definitely return again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rachael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Myself and my partner recently stayed here in the new year , we was very happy with the service when greeted by a kind gentleman ! This experience was further enhanced when we established that place had just been refurbished , and refurbished it was. A very clean modern place with easy access to Romford town centre. Great parking facilities meant me and my partner could opt to walk into town instead of having to drive ! This was also convenient as it was merely a ten minute walk. Overall great value for money! Will be our regular when visiting the area !

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Ddave1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

Have just stayed at the newly refurbished guest house was an absolute pleasure the rooms were clean and cosy, we were able to reach the manager at the phone point located in the corridor when we needed to locate local restaurants and entertainment areas a very good customer service. The rooms are are very good for the amount charged overall a great stay. We would definitely return again

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Simone8888
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here in November in order to attend a family dinner - sorry to say we found it of a tatty & grubby appearance. Curtains appeared to need a good wash, en-suite very small and much of the chrome ware such as soap dish/tray on wall was extremely corroded. Towels, although no reason to believe were not washed, appeared very 'tired' and thus unable to bring ourselves to use them, glad we had our own. We rose early on our morning of departure and were extremely happy to head home with a vow never to return. We used to live in the nearby area and remember it as a very attractive looking property but sadly no more, it is in severe need of care and attention. It only goes to show that you get what you pay for - we didn't pay much and we didn't get much either!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Swooper2212
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at this guest house while in Romford on my own, so not out to impress anyone. Just needed somewhere cheap & cheerful near the town centre.

This place has no breakfast room, so if you book room & breakfast they have an arrangement with a local cafe for the breakfast. I went for the room only option, so can't comment on the breakfast. The rooms seem to be mainly booked for people working in the area during the week, as a result it may be difficult to get a booking for short durations. Also the car park fills up in the evenings, so it may be worth arriving mid-afternoon if you need a parking space. But the place goes quiet at the weekend.

The guest house is easy enough to find from junctions 28 & 29 from the M25, I followed the directions given on their website (turn right after the second set of traffic lights), but I also checked the route on google earth, so I suggest doing the same if you're not familiar with Romford.

Check in was quick, I rang the bell, got led to the 'office', filled out a form, paid, collected the keys & was shown to my room. The room was small, but well equipped. Two single beds, so would probably have been a bit cramped for two people, but it's just somewhere to sleep. There was a shower room with WC & washbasin, a small wardrobe, TV with set top box & remotes, 'fridge, kettle, toaster, tea tray, electric heater, iron & ironing board, & a drop-leaf table fixed to the wall. Mirror & shaving point. Tea, coffee, sugar, milk & biscuits provided & topped up daily. As I was staying room only, I took my own cereal, milk & sugar with me, no problems storing my own stuff in the 'fridge. Also some pot noodles, useful as I arrived early afternoon. Wifi signal is poor, I had problems getting on line, and the connection kept dropping out. But the other rooms may have had a better signal, and it was free after all. Probably worth making a 'cantenna'. The room was double glazed, but traffic noise still got through from the main road nearby. This did ease off late at night. The building is quite small, so the sound of slamming doors travels well. Bed was comfortable enough, with an extra blanket supplied if needed.

There are no restaurants nearby, you need to head into the town centre to eat in the evening. But if you cross over the main road into North Street, there are several cafes open during the day, and some take-aways if you want to take something to eat back to your room in the evening.

Overall, a good place to stay if you're looking for somewhere cheap but functional in Romford.

Room Tip: Find out where the Wifi router is located, get a room close to it.