“Average”

London Apartments @ Romford
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we booked a 6 bed apartment for the night, we had a 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (slept 9 people)and a lounge with a kitchen it was basic but perfectly acceptable. we asked for a balcony as a special request and the hotel worker was more than happy to change our room to one with a balcony. He was ever so helpful,the woman however didn't seem too friendly and didn't speak English.

The furniture was a little bashed around, they could do with getting some new stuff. the cups and glasses were unclean so I recommend cleaning everything yourself before using. The building its self was very modern, the location is in a housing estate, so I recommend you have your own transport. It was a shame there is no onsite parking, there is a huge car park out the back but its pay and display.

The cleaner - we were just getting ready to leave and a male cleaner just let himself in the apartment and appeared in the room, we did not appreciate this, it was rather uncomfortable as we were not dressed yet.

overall it was a pleasant stay on 26th of April till the 27th. it was a little overpriced in my eyes for what we received.

cleanliness - it could of been a cleaner but I am a clean freak.

Room Tip: not for snobs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tayla J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

On arrival there was no one to help me to my room and talk me through my 2 week stay. I shared a bathroom which is not a problem but at one point it wasn't cleaned for 2 days, leaving other guests hair and dirty water around the bathroom. There was no hot water on 2 mornings, meaning I had to go to my work training without a shower. I asked for wifi password 3 times and had no reply. There was a drug deal happening outside my room by a group of guests. The cherry on the cake was when I woke up to a man about 3 feet away from where I was sleeping, he had come through the front door (no lock), the apartment block door (left unlocked by other guests) and broke into my room. This man stole my purse and because I had no wifi, I could not find a number to block my cards, so he went wild with my debit cards for 3 hours while I was in my room on my own, completely terrified. I tried ringing management, no answer, the police also tried, no answer. On phoning in my complaint, I was been told to ring the owner, who was on holiday for 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks, tried again and was told to email. I emailed, waited 2 weeks and still had no reply. On ringing 1 week later I was told the owner was on holiday for another 6 weeks. I still have not heard from anyone, not even an apology. I am disgusted by their treatment of guests and would strongly recommend not staying here, at least if you value your possesions and safety.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Samantha C

Travellers are raving about these Romford hotels

Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Was really angry no en suite and was suppose to av separate rooms we only had a room wiv a kitchen that was not fully stocked with inventry...I.e cups...the people next door were smoking drugs and the smell was so strong it was comin into our room..they were noisy all nite having baths and showers at 2. In the morning...none of us have slept all nite we. May as well have saved our money and stayed at home

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank raine731
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here from the 28th of feb til the 2nd of March there was 8 of us who had all booked a night out in Romford so four of us booked a 2bed apartment and by far this is the best money we ever spent the apartment was absolutely beautiful it was like our own little penthouse everything we needed was there the shopping malls and nite life was right on our door step I would highly recommend this hotel to people and we will definitely be booking and staying here again :) staff was very polite and helpful don't know why anybody has wrote a bad review on this place it's a stunning place and so worth the money

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank leannegra
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After reading the general description of the accommodation on the booking.com web site I believed that all apartments had kitchen facilities. I wanted an en suite room and paid extra for that. I only discovered after making a non refundable booking that there was no access to a kitchen. Therefore I had to pay extra for the kitchen. Then, when I arrived, I discovered I had not paid enough extra to retain the en suite facilities. So read all the room descriptions very carefully before booking. If you want a kitchen AND en suite facilities make sure the particular room you book has both. Other than that the accommodation is quite basic but acceptable. When I arrived there was no wifi and no heating on despite the cold. There is no reception and I had to make several calls to a mobile number to get someone first to bring a router for the wifi and then help me get the heating fixed. Even so, it appeared that the heating system did not have sufficient capacity to warm the room when others were using the hot water. The location is a little away from the town centre. I did not feel very safe walking into town after dark.

Room Tip: Read the literature carefully.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romford
Travelodge London Romford
#5 of 15 in Ilford
Montrose Guest House
Montrose Guest House
#1 of 4 in Romford

Been to London Apartments @ Romford? Share your experiences!