“Good enough.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Romford
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good enough.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

First, as others have said, the staff I met were fantastic.

The room was clean and tidy, up to normal Premier Inn standards. But mine was overlooking the main road and noise insulation was inadequate. Cycle parking is non-existent.

Room Tip: Possibly try to get a room over the car park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 2 nights with Grand daughter, including breakfast, costing £190 for the two nights. We often stay at a Premier Inn, and normally find it first rate, however on this visit it was anything but. I must say the staff are fantastic. On arrival we were unable to park the car, as we arrived lunch time, the car park was full of people either shopping or eating lunch. For 2 nights we experienced appalling nights sleep, as it seems we may of had a new mattress, which was extremely hard and very uncomfortable, the room was extremely warm, and if you opened a window you were kept awake as you are on a main road. The room overall was excellent. Breakfast was not fantastic, everything seems to be fried and not grilled therefore the plate had evidence of fat/oil on the plate. We also had diner one nite at (table table) which again was not fantastic, I had a meat pie, with just a crusty top, and once inside there was very little meat, very disappointed. Standards have definitely dropped, and I would be reluctant to visit again next time we are in the Romford area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just spent 4 days visiting Romford after many years out of the area, and stayed here. The staff were polite, friendly and cheerful and made us feel welcome. The food in the restaurant was very good and the service excellent. Would not hesitate to stay if we get nostalgic again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
reading
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Firstly the positives. It has a car park and staff were friendly, booking taxis etc. I had a tasty meal in the attached restaurant the evening before and the waitress was great. Rooms are usual Prem rooms -large, clean etc. I expected some noise through the railway etc, but the sound proofing in the rooms was really poor and I was woken by people walking and talking in the room above. So I would ask for a top floor room. Breakfast the next day, I had a cooked breakfast. It was very greasy and unpleasant. I only ordered bacon, one sausage and beans. I didn't eat the sausage because it looked a bit grim, but the waitress never said: how was your breakfast. The warm welcome I received the night before means it is a 3, but it is the least impressive Prem I have visited for a while, however the independent Romford hotel I visited last was dire, so I would probably give it another go:
staff: should ask how was everything.
sounds between floors need looking at and cooked breakfast need improving.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Parking good, pay and display but free for guests, just pick up a ticket from reception.

Warm welcome, fast check in, staff efficient and relaxed.

Room prepared to a good standard, everything where it should be.

Road noise could be a problem, Hotel is adjacent a roundabout, and the locals seem to love a drag race to the next one.

All in all, a good hotel in a convenient location.

Room Tip: Rooms over the car park have a definite advantage.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago as we needed somewhere to stay after going to a party. The location of the hotel is good as it's right in the centre of town and we also had a very friendly welcome from the receptionist. The overall hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. I did have a bit of an issue about the cooked breakfast as I personally did not think it was too good however they do offer a large selection for breakfast. I have stayed here in the past and would most likely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I do not recommend this hotel unless this is your only option. There is no air conditioning, and if you open the window you will hear the all of the traffic. There are probably much better options for the same price.

Overall the room was sufficient for your basic needs but personally I don't like sleeping in the heat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank InfamouSchmitty
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Romford Central Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romford
Premier Inn London Romford West Hotel
Holiday Inn Brentwood
Holiday Inn Brentwood
#4 of 4 in Brentwood
Premier Inn London Rainham Hotel

Been to Premier Inn London Romford Central Hotel? Share your experiences!