“Great atmosphere”
Review of The Railway Hotel - CLOSED

The Railway Hotel
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I often go here to meet up with friends in the evening. It has such a great atmosphere, better than any other pub locally. The staff are really friendly and sociable. The food is lovely and surprisingly well presented for the price! They have lots of things going on too, with pool, quizzes and open mic night, which makes going out that much more fun! Definitely recommended for a good night out or a light bite to eat in the day!

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I come here all the time, the booze is cheap, the staff are great and it is a great atmosphere. The food is also good, I love it.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have just come back from a business trip in Runcorn with two other colleagues and after a disasterous first night eating at our Hotel, we decided to pay The Railway Hotel a vist; and wow glad we did. The staff were extremely welcoming and the food great value and fab - and lots of it!

1  Thank OBE1963
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I have been to this pub on a number of occasion with my last visit taking place in November.

It is really handy being so close to the Railway Station.

The food and drink are well made and reasonable too.

Would recommend for a light bite to eat.

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

More of a pub than a resturant. And a horrible one at that. Possibly the worst pub in Runcorn and on that point the worst resturant.. Not that I'd class it as such. I can only assume the poster of the 5 star review is a friend of the owners or is lacking in the basic senses eg sight, smell, taste. Ignoring the fact that the place is dirty and is vastly in need of major spruce up (note to owners, walk up the road and see what the current owners of the vasty improved Lion have done) this 'restaurant' sells basic reheated ping-chef pub grub. And peanuts. I'd risk the peanuts. Oh and clean the glasses. And do something about that grubby carpet and those small fruit flys. Did I mention this place is a dump? So much could be done with this place with its location but I guess the current owners don't care or are clueless. Suspect a mixture of both. Avoid, avoid avoid.

1  Thank Adam1976_11