Campanile Runcorn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstrain stationbudget hotelbath showerbooked roomsfree car parkovernight stopshort staynice roomwould stay againtea and coffeeexcellent breakfastfull englishyogurtliverpoolshuttersfreeviewstopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The building needs a facelift. The rooms are musty, poorly lit and the towels were stained and grey. We were given new towels, so they must have realised what they were giving us. However, the grey ones kept coming back. The room was claustrophobic and poorly lit. The bedding was clean, thank goodness, though the duvet had some small holes. I feel that as this hotel is near the railway and convenient for Runcorn, it has a captive audience. It was practically full every night. This is something I cannot understand!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights after not being able to get a room in our usual hotels in Chester, so we decided to give the Campanile a go. Its very different compared to a hotel, as the reception was seperate from the actual building containing rooms. The lady on reception was friendly, we were checked in quickly, and given our key to our room (top floor).

The place was very quiet, and felt like we were the only ones there. The room was basic, but smelt really clean. One of the lamps on the headboard was hanging off, along with the bulb - and when I touched it, it lit up and flashed!! so I made sure that one stayed off at the mains! - so that was the only real negative thing about it. TV was great, extra pillows and towels along with teas and biscuits provided. I have to admit, I did find it a bit weird on the first night, the actual door to the room is straight onto the outside walkway, and made me a tad nervous - especially knowing there was no on sight staff over night, and we were given a mobile number to ring in case of emergency. The concrete stairs remind me of a tower block of flats! As for noise - we heard nothing from other guests, it was sooo quiet! - but you do hear the planes! As for the WIFI, we were at the back of the hotel - we couldnt pick up any wifi. It wasnt a major problem for us tho.

All in all, it was a nice stay - different - but nice! We didnt eat at the restaurant, but it did look lovely in there :) We paid £35 each night. To be honest, I definetly wouldnt pay anymore than that.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Stayed for only one night & even though we arrived very early in the morning,
the staff at the reception were very friendly & accomodating, letting us check
in well in advance of the scheduled check in time.
The hotel itself is very clean & tidy &while the location might not be to
everyone's liking, it was ideal for me for my short stay in the Runcorn area.
Would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My partner went to check in with his business partner who lived in the area, I went to reception to find the manager was talking to my partner in a rude manner, she started slamming the cupboards, and printer and threw his bank card at him. I left the room as I did want to stay there. She told my partner breakfast finished at 10 next day so when we arrived for breakfast, she told us it finished at 9, my partner repeated her sentence from previous day , and she proceeded to argue with us and was very rude towards us. I really wished we stayed at travel lodge now or premier inn, I always get treated with respect in there.... Im still trying to report her to head office. Dont stay here... I regret it now, bed was cheap and nasty, room was too small and over priced and it looks like a run down camping ground with chalets...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Stayed here for one night. Check in smooth and efficient, nice helpful staff. This hotel is in a good spot for the railway station and just off the Runcorn Widnes Bridge. The room was warm and clean, could do with abit of TLC decorating wise but for what we paid £29.00 for the two of us was exactly what we expected. Also you did not have to check out till 12.00 which was good.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple