“Absolute value for money.”
Review of Campanile Runcorn

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Axbridge, United Kingdom
“Absolute value for money.”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

It makes me laugh reading the 'terrible' reviews, get real this is superb accommodation for £39! Or even less booked in advance and can be as lows as £33.00

4 miles away is a premier inn, don't moan, go there and pay £79 a night for a similar size room that might be a bit newer. I just had three rooms for 5 nights whilst working on a machine handover, I am the company owner and I had two of my guys with me. This accommodation is bang on for what we needed.

Yes I had a light fitting that didn't work but the beds are fantastically comfy, the shower is super powerful and hot, the wifi is spot on and works right across the site, the breakfast cooked to order was first class and the staff were great.

It's easy to moan and if I were paying £80 a night I might be one of the moaners on this site but just get real, it's super value for money!

The pub next door is a proper local and the food there is extremely good and great value. Let's face it, Runcorn doesn't really float any boats but if you need to be there this hotel fits the bill (literally) perfectly.

Don't be put put off by some of the reviews, it's a working hotel and the motel style particularly suits how we work as you can go straight to the room from your car parked outside the door (ground floor obviously).

No complaints will definitely stay again and on check out, £650 for the equivalent of 15 room nights including some breakfasts etc was stonking value, it would have been £1200 at the premier inn across the bridge.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here as a last minute deal with 2 rooms twin and a double staying with my father and brother as a 1 night to see the family, and was a good bargain £39 per room on a room only basis and when I arrived I didn't think much as it was very cheap for a Saturday night then entered the reception with the desk carried on as a bar and food service area? Not very inviting with two young staff, then went to our room which is separate from the main building it more like a camp site! you could hardly swing a cat in which I wasn't bothered for the price but it was all so open like anybody could walk around and sleep outside your door everything is very basic and not a lot of storage space available and the sound of planes, cars and the loud pub next door! I work in the hotel industry and I know you cannot get everything right but I felt like I was back in school in a crapy camp site with no security except a plastic key thing for your door I'm not one to complain but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless your stuck or just using it for a few hours kip by yourself we swapped rooms as I didn't want to sleep by myself so I stayed in the twin with my father! Also I had a bottle opener on my wall which handy in some cases but it seemed like they didn't remove it from before it was ment to be a 'Bedroom' I didn't try the food as couldn't face it but would never stay here again I'd rather sleep on my grandparents floor.

• Stayed November 2013

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Nr London, England
Reviewed 26 November 2013

First impressions are not great, as it is a hotel tucked behind a pub, and next to an electrical wholesaler. Reception is at the end of the bar, but the welcome was friendly and efficient. The accommodation however is tired and needs painting and refurbishing. For example, a new bedhead had been put in our room which exposed a different colour paint on the wall, but it had not been repainted. Bed was clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast was a choice of full English, which was cooked fresh to order, or self selection continental. Overall, this is OK for a few hours sleep to break a journey, and refuel with breakfast before moving on, but I would not want an extended stay. Also, follow the hotel's directions and not Google Maps to avoid an unnecessary trip over the Runcorn Bridge!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
anglesey
Reviewed 17 November 2013

it not 5 star and you are not charged 5 star prices rooms clean and tidy comfy bed great shower nice bar area nice food free car park right next to Runcorn train station great for day out in Liverpool city centre only £ 6 each return will stay here again great staff thanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is very basic. The room was tired and the towels were rather grey. There is a lot of traffic noise at the back of the accommodation and frequent aircraft noise as well. The rooms are accessed via concrete steps and walkways and there are frequently people standing on the walkway outside their rooms smoking and drinking.
The food was acceptable, but the menu was very limited, if you stay for a week you will run out of choices!
The car park was fairly empty when I arrived, but by early evening was full of contractors vans. Obviously this is used as a hostel when the contractors are working in the local area.

The only access for disabled people would be a room on the ground floor. There are no ramps or lifts. The 'restaurant' and reception are in the bar in a building across the car park from the rooms.

The hotel staff were helpful and polite but this was the only plus point of the stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I don't usually have a problem with staying in basic hotels just for a 1 night business trip, but this hotel wasnt even basic. As soon as I arrived, I knew I wasnt going to like it. Set back from the road next to a local pub, it looked horribly run down and shabby, with two blokes stood topless, smoking and swigging beer, oggling from the 'terrace'. I checked in with a lady at reception who not very helpful. I wandered up the dingy concrete stairs, which had a strong smell of urine reminding me of a dodgy multistory carpark, to a door which had marks all over like someone had been trying to break it down with an axe! After 3 attempts of trying to open the door with the key, I ended up having to kick it open, even after the key had started to work (but only for 2 seconds). I looked around trying to see what I was shown on the website - false advertising to the max. For a non smoking room, the room stank of stale smoke. The lights were dim and flickering and the walls and bathroom were grubby. I felt dirty just standing there. It was very old fashioned, but at least they managed to keep up with the look of the outside. As a young woman travelling on her own, I felt very uncomfortable staying in this room - what with the rowdy men just two doors down and a door that looked like it had seen better days and unsafe. I decided to check out straight away, where I was greeted by the same woman who had to ask her boss if I could leave (that is not how it works, I am the customer, I decide whether I leave or not) and after getting 'the okay', I fled as quick as I could. I would not recommend this to anyone, in fact I would go out of my way to tell people not to visit. Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank El567
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

From the moment I arrived in the car park I knew I was in the wrong place! It began with the nice lady at reception (which is actually the end of the bar!) announcing my room number to any one and everyone who was within ear shot. I then ventured up the concrete stairs to the first floor which had the feel of a multistory carpark. On arrival at my room I discovered it wasn't going to get any better. The building itself reminded me of an old american motel (the only thing that was missing was a large neon light) and the room inside was like something out of pulp fiction. The sheets were clean and thats all I can say. This is not a place for a women traveller on her own. The door did not have a proper lock and I found myself wedging a chair behind it to try and avoid any unwelcome visitors. The room had a strange smell to it, a mixture of cigarette smoke and food which was most likely clinging for grim death to the fixtures and fittings not to mention the decor. Overall very disappointed - Understatement. I'm not even sure you get what your pay for. Budget smuget!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Safetybutterfly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!