“Fawlty Towers!!”
Review of Campanile Runcorn

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Saying that the one chap Antony working there was a godsend! Daughter and I stayed over last night 22nd March 14 as we had a lot of things to do inRuncorn trying to fina a missing person. We got given room 8 to begin with. The bathroom was stinking filthy, and the above bed light was hanging off the wall. As soon as we went over to reception Antony came over saw the problem and admittedit was unacceptable. He moved us to room 5 which seemed reasonable, dated as in well in need of a coat of paint and diy but what do you expect for 35.00 a night. Only problem was noisy guests late at night and the hairdrier going bang filling the room with smoke! All in all though cheap and the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Campanile Runcorn

Reviewed 1 March 2014

At first sight the hotel looks a though it is overdue a refurbishment. We had room 8 which is on the ground floor an fitted out for disabled persons. When we got into the room there were no towels, the bathroom door didn't close and the bed was pushed against the side wall making it difficult to access. When we finally got towels, just two very old bath towels no hand towels, they were both dirty. Although this was pointed out to the staff nothing was done. I will most certainly not stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room in this shed
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel is badly in need of refurbishment; it was dirty, the bathroom door did not close, initially there were no towels in the room when they did arrive they were not clean.
On the positive side the Pub next door was very clean, good food and nice beer.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We found the staff to be very friendly and the place was kept clean, yet a little tired round the edges. The breakfast was good and filling. You get what you pay for and we where both happy with what we got.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed two hours,drove home instead!Should have read reviews before booking so only self to blame,oh and the people that have actually written good reviews for this dump,well it makes you wonder about their standards,background and lifestyles!
Rooms are boxes stacked 3 high in a row like a 50's motel in the states,people on upper floors smoking on walkway and flicking stumps below,we heard breaking glass,noisy inmates,traffic noise and planes in and out of Liverpool airport,rooms are not soundproofed whatsoever.
We foolishly had a meal in the spartan,reception come bar come cafe area,one three quarter full glass of lemonade and one flat one,they had run out of draught beer,lime juice and steak pies!.
Plus points,staff polite and bedding looked clean although this to be fair smelled of ciggy smoke,oh dear this place should be closed down.

Room Tip: impossible,don't go there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

It makes me laugh reading the 'terrible' reviews, get real this is superb accommodation for £39! Or even less booked in advance and can be as lows as £33.00

4 miles away is a premier inn, don't moan, go there and pay £79 a night for a similar size room that might be a bit newer. I just had three rooms for 5 nights whilst working on a machine handover, I am the company owner and I had two of my guys with me. This accommodation is bang on for what we needed.

Yes I had a light fitting that didn't work but the beds are fantastically comfy, the shower is super powerful and hot, the wifi is spot on and works right across the site, the breakfast cooked to order was first class and the staff were great.

It's easy to moan and if I were paying £80 a night I might be one of the moaners on this site but just get real, it's super value for money!

The pub next door is a proper local and the food there is extremely good and great value. Let's face it, Runcorn doesn't really float any boats but if you need to be there this hotel fits the bill (literally) perfectly.

Don't be put put off by some of the reviews, it's a working hotel and the motel style particularly suits how we work as you can go straight to the room from your car parked outside the door (ground floor obviously).

No complaints will definitely stay again and on check out, £650 for the equivalent of 15 room nights including some breakfasts etc was stonking value, it would have been £1200 at the premier inn across the bridge.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here as a last minute deal with 2 rooms twin and a double staying with my father and brother as a 1 night to see the family, and was a good bargain £39 per room on a room only basis and when I arrived I didn't think much as it was very cheap for a Saturday night then entered the reception with the desk carried on as a bar and food service area? Not very inviting with two young staff, then went to our room which is separate from the main building it more like a camp site! you could hardly swing a cat in which I wasn't bothered for the price but it was all so open like anybody could walk around and sleep outside your door everything is very basic and not a lot of storage space available and the sound of planes, cars and the loud pub next door! I work in the hotel industry and I know you cannot get everything right but I felt like I was back in school in a crapy camp site with no security except a plastic key thing for your door I'm not one to complain but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless your stuck or just using it for a few hours kip by yourself we swapped rooms as I didn't want to sleep by myself so I stayed in the twin with my father! Also I had a bottle opener on my wall which handy in some cases but it seemed like they didn't remove it from before it was ment to be a 'Bedroom' I didn't try the food as couldn't face it but would never stay here again I'd rather sleep on my grandparents floor.

• Stayed: November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!