“Frequent visitor” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Lancashire
“Frequent visitor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at the Campanile on several occasions due to work commitments. I find the staff to be very friendly and always make sure I have the same room.
I take my Labrador dog with me and I am always made to feel very welcome.
The housekeepers deserve a special mention as they do an excellent job of cleaning the rooms.
Definitely recommend this hotel for the good service and friendly face.

Room Tip: I always ask for Room 3 as it is near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Thunder064,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Campanile Runcorn. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your visit, and are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We are particularly delighted that you found our location and facilities well-suited to your needs, and I have forwarded your kind comments to the team.

We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future. Thanks once again.

Kind regards,
Sonia B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

After booking a room at this hotel I read the reviews and instantly regretted it. As I needed to be close to an area of Runcorn, I didn't want to change the booking; so I prepared myself for the worst. Upon arrival, I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. The hotel building is separate from the reception and is in need of a serious facelift, or demolition. My room was tired and somewhat dingy, yet very clean and tidy. The bath is very small but the shower is powerful. Shower gel, shampoo and soap are provided, in the form of dispensers on the wall.
This is not a hotel I would have chosen for a holiday visit, or leisure. As it was a business trip, it fulfilled my needs; a decent night's sleep, etc. On the whole, this is a very basic hotel, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor; which isn't ideal with large suitcases, but facing the reception m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sam D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for the fourth time last weekend and for £35 per night its clean and tidy. The rooms are very tired and need a major makeover. The bar prices are extortionate £3.80 for a bad pint of Becks, we did not try the food as we ate out in Runcorn and Liverpool. Overall this hotel is very basic so dont expect all the frills of other budget hotels.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 131 which is above the boiler room and hence a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Redditch, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Saying that the one chap Antony working there was a godsend! Daughter and I stayed over last night 22nd March 14 as we had a lot of things to do inRuncorn trying to fina a missing person. We got given room 8 to begin with. The bathroom was stinking filthy, and the above bed light was hanging off the wall. As soon as we went over to reception Antony came over saw the problem and admittedit was unacceptable. He moved us to room 5 which seemed reasonable, dated as in well in need of a coat of paint and diy but what do you expect for 35.00 a night. Only problem was noisy guests late at night and the hairdrier going bang filling the room with smoke! All in all though cheap and the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

At first sight the hotel looks a though it is overdue a refurbishment. We had room 8 which is on the ground floor an fitted out for disabled persons. When we got into the room there were no towels, the bathroom door didn't close and the bed was pushed against the side wall making it difficult to access. When we finally got towels, just two very old bath towels no hand towels, they were both dirty. Although this was pointed out to the staff nothing was done. I will most certainly not stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room in this shed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel is badly in need of refurbishment; it was dirty, the bathroom door did not close, initially there were no towels in the room when they did arrive they were not clean.
On the positive side the Pub next door was very clean, good food and nice beer.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We found the staff to be very friendly and the place was kept clean, yet a little tired round the edges. The breakfast was good and filling. You get what you pay for and we where both happy with what we got.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
BEST WESTERN Everglades Park Hotel
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!