“Really bad experience ”

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
“Really bad experience ”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Well me and my partner visited on the 24th, first we saw what looked as if to be vet similar to a american motel and very run down, then during the night we had kids running up and the hall banging on peoples doors! Then they set the fire alarm off! Didn't get to sleep until 6am!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Kayleigh W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor
I am sorry to learn of the noise disruption you experienced during your stay with us and you did not have great nights sleep.
A member of the team is all the time available and in each rooms you have a phone number in order to contact him. Also, the hotel is covered with CCTV.
However despite these measures we cannot always prevent the noise.
Thank you again for your feedback, and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Best regards,
Sonia.B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Check in was poor as the person checking in decided he was going to cash up the till half way during the check in until I asked him if he was going to count a big pile of 1 pence pieces or check me in. During the night I heard a loud bang. Checked around and thought not much of it. In the morning I realised that the light above the bed where I had been sleeping had fallen off the wall and was only being held by the power cable. It looks like this has happened before as a screw had been placed through the lamp shade and screwed to the wall to secure it. If the power cable had not held I would probably be dead and not posting this now as if the heavy lamp base had not got me the screw sticking out he lampshade probably would have. Very poor maintenance indeed. I value my life so will not be staying here again and it has also put me off staying at any other Campanile hotels in the future. Staff were unapologetic about this during check out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was horrified to learn that you had a poor experience with us. I expect all of our rooms to be in a good condition so it is regrettable to learn this was not the case. Similarly, all items and facilities, such as our lamps are regularly checked by our staff, and any items that are not fit for purpose should be replaced.
This is completely unacceptable, and please accepts my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this undoubtedly caused.
I can assure you that this does not reflect the standard of service which we deliver to our guests each and every day, and I am sorry that on this occasion, we failed to deliver that service to you.
I would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your contact details to runcorn@campanile.com and I will be in contact directly.

Kind regards,

Sonia B.

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Lancashire
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed at the Campanile on several occasions due to work commitments. I find the staff to be very friendly and always make sure I have the same room.
I take my Labrador dog with me and I am always made to feel very welcome.
The housekeepers deserve a special mention as they do an excellent job of cleaning the rooms.
Definitely recommend this hotel for the good service and friendly face.

Room Tip: I always ask for Room 3 as it is near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thunder064,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Campanile Runcorn. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your visit, and are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us. We are particularly delighted that you found our location and facilities well-suited to your needs, and I have forwarded your kind comments to the team.

We appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future. Thanks once again.

Kind regards,
Sonia B.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

After booking a room at this hotel I read the reviews and instantly regretted it. As I needed to be close to an area of Runcorn, I didn't want to change the booking; so I prepared myself for the worst. Upon arrival, I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. The hotel building is separate from the reception and is in need of a serious facelift, or demolition. My room was tired and somewhat dingy, yet very clean and tidy. The bath is very small but the shower is powerful. Shower gel, shampoo and soap are provided, in the form of dispensers on the wall.
This is not a hotel I would have chosen for a holiday visit, or leisure. As it was a business trip, it fulfilled my needs; a decent night's sleep, etc. On the whole, this is a very basic hotel, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor; which isn't ideal with large suitcases, but facing the reception m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sam D
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for the fourth time last weekend and for £35 per night its clean and tidy. The rooms are very tired and need a major makeover. The bar prices are extortionate £3.80 for a bad pint of Becks, we did not try the food as we ate out in Runcorn and Liverpool. Overall this hotel is very basic so dont expect all the frills of other budget hotels.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 131 which is above the boiler room and hence a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Saying that the one chap Antony working there was a godsend! Daughter and I stayed over last night 22nd March 14 as we had a lot of things to do inRuncorn trying to fina a missing person. We got given room 8 to begin with. The bathroom was stinking filthy, and the above bed light was hanging off the wall. As soon as we went over to reception Antony came over saw the problem and admittedit was unacceptable. He moved us to room 5 which seemed reasonable, dated as in well in need of a coat of paint and diy but what do you expect for 35.00 a night. Only problem was noisy guests late at night and the hairdrier going bang filling the room with smoke! All in all though cheap and the staff were lovely.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

At first sight the hotel looks a though it is overdue a refurbishment. We had room 8 which is on the ground floor an fitted out for disabled persons. When we got into the room there were no towels, the bathroom door didn't close and the bed was pushed against the side wall making it difficult to access. When we finally got towels, just two very old bath towels no hand towels, they were both dirty. Although this was pointed out to the staff nothing was done. I will most certainly not stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a good room in this shed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
Best Western Everglades Park Hotel
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!