“Camp a while at the Campanile.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Campanile Runcorn

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
leicester
“Camp a while at the Campanile.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

A one night stay was quite enjoyable. Staff in reception friendly and helpful. Room clean and more than adequate for a one night stay. Situation acceptable and convenient for an evenings entertainment in Widnes. Ok, the first impressions don't bode well. Looking tired and well worn with need of ' brightening up' . Breakfast ok and sufficient to put you on. Overall good value for money for a one nighter. Would think twice before booking for anything longer.

Room Tip: Rooms on front give view of reception and car park. No picture postcard setting that's for sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elloello
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Elloello,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
I am glad that you found the location suitable for you and that you enjoyed the breakfast.
It was also great to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and the team helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Sonia.B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night as in the area for cricket. All I can say is at least it was clean. Heard everything from adjoining rooms and outside. Bath was half size so glad I'm small!
All I will say is you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear IanWarne_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry to learn of the noise disruption you experienced during your stay. It really matters to me that my guests have a comfortable night’s sleep. A member of the team is all the time available and in each rooms you have a phone number in order to contact him if you do have an issue. Still, despite these measures we cannot always prevent the noise.
However I am glad you appreciated the cleanness of the room.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Sonia.B

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Runcorn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a low budget hotel which I believe, and I'm certain the staff would agree, is overdue a refurbishment. The location is handy for Runcorn station, which is currently a main line station for the capital. I would not recommend this place for elderly or for families, but it is definitely a favourite for workmen and commuters.
A family member was booked to stay but didn't feel safe, so didn't end up staying. However our issues have been dealt with admirably and due credit to the manager, Sonia for that. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Mark G,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not reach your expectations. I cannot stress enough the importance of guest safety in our hotel. I can assure you that we have never had an issue with guest safety. A member of the team is all the time available and in each rooms you have a phone number in order to contact him. Also, the hotel is covered with CCTV. However I am glad we have found an appropriate solution.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Before I launch into this review I should say that I stayed at the Campanile at Fenny Stratford, near Milton Keynes a few days ago and it was excellent in every way.

So, imagine my shock when I arrived at the Campanile at Runcorn after a very long day and drive to find a complete disaster!

The location is not good next to the railway station and near busy, noisy roads but I suppose you cannot blame Campanile for that, or can you???

As soon as you pull into the car park in daylight you can see how run down the whole place is. The exterior paintwork is peeling and in some areas and in others is virtually non existent.

You check in at the bar and are sent over to your room in the accommodation block (I am sure many UK prison blocks are more pleasant than this place).

Externally:
>All the corridors and stairs are open to the elements.
>There is no lift and I have a very severe spinal problem and had to clamber up to the top floor with a very heavy case as I am travelling in the UK for a month.

Inside the room:
>As soon as you walked in the smell was terrible.
>The decoration of the room was in a very poor state and the room was dirty.
>There was a TV which I could not get to work until I discovered it was not plugged in to the only socket in the room. When I did get TV on, navigating the channels was so slow and there was no channel list, asked reception who did not have a clue. Eventually arrived at BBC News which was not where it usually is on Freeview ie Channel 80.
>As there was only one socket where do they expect you to plug in your lap top to work as I needed to OR phone charger etc?
>Horrible chair at desk.
>Plugs etc. get jammed down back of desk which is fixed.
>Bathroom terrible, badly damaged bath with side panel not properly in place.
>Advertise free wifi but that was unusable.

Anyway, even one night there would be unbearable so I found another hotel and moved. However, I was to stay there for 8 nights so they lost a lot of business.

If Campanile choose to keep this place open then I would close and completely refit the place before reopening.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Mike11232014,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor,
I want our customers to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us, so I am really sorry to learn of your disappointing experience. I expect our rooms to be warm and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not reach your expectations.
I am also sorry to hear of your difficulty in climbing the stairs, however, if you had made us aware of this we would have provided you with ground floor accommodation on arrival. We were troubled to hear that you had difficulty accessing our wireless network, we have contacted our wireless provider to resolve the issue. We were sorry to hear about the problems you had with the plugs, if you need more we are happy to provide you with complementary extension outlets.

Once again I do apologise.

Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went to Runcorn to see Rhydian at the Brindley, brilliant as usual and stayed overnight at The Campanile. This hotel did the job it was supposed to do, provided a base. It needed a bit of TLC externally and the room could have done with a lift. It is a budget hotel so you got what you paid for. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. We had a cooked breakfast in the Restaurant which was lovely and set us up for the day. There were tea/coffee facilities in the room. The water was nice and hot, a bath with shower over it. I didn't have an compaints and the staff were very helpful and friendly too. Would I go back there, of course I would if I was going to a concert and just staying overnight.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Vixenval 2014,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Campanile Runcorn. I appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your visit, and I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us. I have shared your kind comments with the team.
Thank you once again, and hope to welcome you back to the Campanile Runcorn on your next visit to Runcorn.

Yo624da
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

like the last poster kids running around all night above us doing a rain dance then the fire alarm going off at 3am twice .
3 inch of dust on the shelves no cups and no apology from the staff very poor

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kenneth H
Dear Kenneth H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor
It is regrettable to learn that you found the room to be unclean as I always expect my customers to have a room that has been cleaned to highest standards.
I am sorry to learn of the noise disruption you experienced during your stay with us and you did not have great nights sleep. It really matters to me that my guests have a comfortable nights sleep. I do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. A member of the team is all the time available and in each rooms you have a phone number in order to contact him. Also, the hotel is covered with CCTV.
However despite these measures we cannot always prevent the noise.
Please accept my most sincere apologies.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Well me and my partner visited on the 24th, first we saw what looked as if to be vet similar to a american motel and very run down, then during the night we had kids running up and the hall banging on peoples doors! Then they set the fire alarm off! Didn't get to sleep until 6am!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kayleigh W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor
However despite these measures we cannot always prevent the noise.
Thank you again for your feedback, and once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Sonia.B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
BEST WESTERN Everglades Park Hotel
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!