“I pity the staff......and anyone else that stays here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Campanile Runcorn

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“I pity the staff......and anyone else that stays here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is by far the worst 'hotel' I've ever had the misfortune to stay in (including 32 years of military accommodation!!) First impressions are that its a multi storey motel, second impressions are that its a multi storey motel that needs knocking down! Its far more suited to student accommodation than paying customers. The rooms are tiny, the bench/worktop that the tv was on fell off the wall when i put my bag on it. The bedding looked like it had been cleaned but was stained and the towel was just grubby!
I did venture into the 'restaurant' but didn't risk eating!
The accommodation looks like something from an Eastern Bloc country from the 60s and the Restaurant is more like a transport cafe.
The one plus point is the staff, they were very polite and helpful and did all they could but tehy couldn't make this place anything other than awful!
If you cant find an arch under a railway line or a cardboard box to sleep in....stay here, but make sure all your inoculations are up to date!!

Room Tip: somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevster269
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Kevster269,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel following your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it gives us the opportunity to review areas of the hotel that require immediate attention.

Firstly, let me apologise for not fully meeting your expectations. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the condition of the room.

However I am glad to hear that the team was accommodating and helpful.

Having taken all of your comments into consideration, I was surprised by your comments regarding the restaurant as this is not indicative of the usual feedback we receive from Tripadvisor reviewers, I would like to inform you that Campanile Hotel Runcorn complies with H&S regulations.

Again, I extend my apologies.

Sonia.B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Why do so many people complain about a budget hotel/motel...
After staying there a week, there was no faults at all. All the staff were very friendly, house keeping would go beyond there means to make you feel welcome. Reception was spotless, with a kind greeting.
I met a few staff, everyone of them, were really nice people.
Don't believe the rubbish that people write on here, this is a budget hotel/motel!

It's clean, the staff are friendly! What more do you need!!!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Shotty_j
Dear Shotty_j

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Campanile Runcorn.
We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your visit, and are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have shared your kind comments with the team here and we are all delighted that you had such a positive experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Booked here last minute visiting family, trying to find our room walking up dirty concrete steps something out of a horror film! I instantly felt unsafe walking next to people hanging outside our room, music blaring, walked in our room and wanted to leave (but had nowhere else to go). Bed was comfy that's about i..paid £90 for two nights not including breakfast! Feel completely ripped off for the hell hole we stayed in! would never stay here again! only upside is that there's a pub next door and next to the train station! x ps: staff could try smiling x

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jodenalex
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Jodenalex,

I was really sorry to read of your disappointment following your stay with us and I am especially sorry not to have known of the elements of disappointment during your time with us. It really matters to me that my guests have a comfortable night’s sleep and I cannot stress enough the importance of guest safety in our hotel.
A member of the team is all the time available and in each room you have a phone number in order to contact him if you do have an issue. Also, the hotel is covered with CCTV. Thank you again for your feedback and once again please accept my apologies.

Sonia.B

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel was visibly lacking a coat of exterior paint,deco was shabby and indoors was exactly the same,very dirty looking,dated and very enclosed,window barely opens and very Hot in the room with no air con,but the price at £29 p room you can't beat in this very busy area,plenty of car park facility ,with food available and breakfast,although not the best we have sampled,beer was flat and very costly

Room Tip: bring sleeping tabs very noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Caron R
Dear Caron R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us, I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us and for this please accept my apologies. I was surprised by your comments regarding the breakfast as this is not indicative of the usual feedback we receive from Tripadvisor reviewers. The hotel prides itself on delivering quality in all areas of service. On this occasion I am sorry that the breakfast did not meet your expectations.
Once again, please accept my apologies.

Brechin, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We checked in on Saturday 5/July/2014 , and directed to our room on the first floor , I asked if there was any ground floor rooms as I can find stairs difficult at times and was informed that they didn't as they were full , I accept that was my own fault as I should have requested this when booking .
On reaching the room we found that there was only one towel , I went to reception and informed them that there was only one towel the receptionist told me they had just finished drying them and would get some more , as he was telling me this a girl (Rosie) shouted from the other end of the bar " have you checked the wardrobe" I replied yes she then shouted again "yes but have you looked in the wardrobe" , the other receptionist then gave me ONE more towel , I would suggest Rosie needs a course in customer relations .
As we had just driven over 300 miles we had a nap and later started to get ready to go to a family reunion.
That is when we noticed more problems - the riser rail on the shower was broken so couldn't be used which didn't matter as it was then I noticed the tiles where filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned in some time so I wouldn't be using the shower anyway . Oh well I thought , I would just get a good wash down using the basin - What a joke ,whoever fitted the tap was useless , the angle of the tap meant most of the water went straight down the overflow . A sign in the bathroom asked people to conserve water ? .
We had earlier been told they were full so requesting a room change was useless , had we noticed the problems earlier we would have tried to find another hotel .At least the bed was clean and comfortable . And maybe a little money spent on decorating would not go amiss .
Our first and last stay at a Campanile . NEVER AGAIN .

Room Tip: Goto another hotel .
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keith L
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Keith L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was not what you expected.

I will certainly share your feedback directly with the Front office team for immediate consideration.
What you have outlined does not reflect the training given to our team or the level of service they are trained to extend. I will need to look further into these matters.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback which enables us monitor and improve our service.

leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

A one night stay was quite enjoyable. Staff in reception friendly and helpful. Room clean and more than adequate for a one night stay. Situation acceptable and convenient for an evenings entertainment in Widnes. Ok, the first impressions don't bode well. Looking tired and well worn with need of ' brightening up' . Breakfast ok and sufficient to put you on. Overall good value for money for a one nighter. Would think twice before booking for anything longer.

Room Tip: Rooms on front give view of reception and car park. No picture postcard setting that's for sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elloello
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Elloello,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
I am glad that you found the location suitable for you and that you enjoyed the breakfast.
It was also great to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and the team helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed last night as in the area for cricket. All I can say is at least it was clean. Heard everything from adjoining rooms and outside. Bath was half size so glad I'm small!
All I will say is you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sonia B, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear IanWarne_12,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry to learn of the noise disruption you experienced during your stay. It really matters to me that my guests have a comfortable night’s sleep. A member of the team is all the time available and in each rooms you have a phone number in order to contact him if you do have an issue. Still, despite these measures we cannot always prevent the noise.
However I am glad you appreciated the cleanness of the room.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Sonia.B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
The Hillcrest Hotel Widnes
BEST WESTERN Everglades Park Hotel
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!