From the many reviews you cannot miss that this PI is right next to the motorway, I was initially given an even number room (motorway side), and as it was a hot day, the staff had been kind enough to open the windows. On hearing the noise I just turned around and asked for another room. I was fortunate enough to get an alternative room, and it was a huge one too! This PI has been given a makeover by the looks large tv (fixed to the wall so no chance of plugging your own device in). However the tiny tower fan made more noise than the air it moved. Now I would not put myself forward as a heavy sleeper, but as the hotel was very warm, I found sleeping with the right window open, and the secondary glazing left pane open, I had air flow, and that the noise from the motorway was minimal.
Premier Inns do seem to suffer in the summer, maybe investing in technologies that would keep the building cooler in summer, warmer in winter, would pay dividends. Maybe even through wall ventilation so windows could be closed at night and still allow cool air to be circulated, I digress. I would stay here again if I was in the area, would be nice if they had port replication for the tv's though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few miles from Runcorn, Aintree and Chester, and on the doorstep of the annual Creamfields festival ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel Runcorn
- Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel Cheshire