“Large Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Large Rooms”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the many reviews you cannot miss that this PI is right next to the motorway, I was initially given an even number room (motorway side), and as it was a hot day, the staff had been kind enough to open the windows. On hearing the noise I just turned around and asked for another room. I was fortunate enough to get an alternative room, and it was a huge one too! This PI has been given a makeover by the looks large tv (fixed to the wall so no chance of plugging your own device in). However the tiny tower fan made more noise than the air it moved. Now I would not put myself forward as a heavy sleeper, but as the hotel was very warm, I found sleeping with the right window open, and the secondary glazing left pane open, I had air flow, and that the noise from the motorway was minimal.

Premier Inns do seem to suffer in the summer, maybe investing in technologies that would keep the building cooler in summer, warmer in winter, would pay dividends. Maybe even through wall ventilation so windows could be closed at night and still allow cool air to be circulated, I digress. I would stay here again if I was in the area, would be nice if they had port replication for the tv's though.

Room Tip: Try and phone ahead if you want a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Namretaws

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travelled up with family including 5 adults and 5 children including a baby.
All the staff were very welcoming especially towards the children.
Rooms were well kept/comfi.
Breakfast value was superb

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

As I am a light sleeper, Jan at reception moved me to a room on the quieter side of the hotel (as it is situated between 2 roads) with no hassles. I was also greeted with a friendly smile - keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I really can't fault this hotel, check in was easy and the guy on reception was really friendly and welcoming. The child's bed was actually a bed rather than a sofa which was much more comfortable for our daughter. We popped out shortly after checking in, when we came back we found some colouring pencils and a colouring book had been left on our daughters bed. She was really pleased. We had a room on the motorway side but I can honestly say it was the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time! My husband and daughter said the same and my husband is a really light sleeper. The room is spacious and amazingly clean, the beds are really comfortable, I really can't fault anything. This was a last minute booking, but would be my first choice if in the area again.

Room Tip: Common sense would say ask for one on the non motorway side, but the motorway honestly wasn't a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikki B
Bristol
Reviewed 30 April 2014

very good place to stay, very quiet ,clean room, shower that worked, reception excellent, table table restaurant friendly and good value, free car parking,paid 29 pounds per night for 2 nights, when in the area will book again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Check in was easy and very straight forward, the lady was courteous and sorted within a couple of mins. Room was very clean, and spacious; nice bathroom and excellent flat screen tv too.

As it was a weekend, I guess the room rate was higher than I would have liked, but all in all a good one night stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Srin_007
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Did not know how close room was to motorway.
Someone, somewhere had a TV on most of night.
All added to not a lot of sleep.
We did ask if the Premier Inn guarantee of sleep still counted, and we did receive a refund for the night, even though traffic noise is out of the control of Premier Inn. We were appreciative of this, but it did make us feel bad.
Dinner in Table Table on the site was good and staff very friendly.
Breakfasts at Premier Inn not as good as they were.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
Travelodge Widnes
Travelodge Widnes
#2 of 4 in Widnes

Been to Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel? Share your experiences!