“Very Happy”

Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was slightly nervous when I saw the proximity of the hotel to the motorway- but our room was quiet, we never heard any noise from other rooms or the motorway.
Reception staff friendly and helpful. Lovely, clean room, lots of room for 4 of us. Slightly warm, it was a hot day, but staff had put a fan in to help cool the room down.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel location was perfect for local activities. Rooms were very quiet even though it's next to a main road never bothered us getting to sleep or during the night. Very friendly staff much improved hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here on business for a week. Great staff and fantastic food in the Beefeater restaurant next door. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Lovely beer garden outside but very noisy as the motorway runs along side it. You need a car as you are not really close to many places either. Despite the couple of negatives I still would definitely recommend this place. Was spotlessly clean too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the many reviews you cannot miss that this PI is right next to the motorway, I was initially given an even number room (motorway side), and as it was a hot day, the staff had been kind enough to open the windows. On hearing the noise I just turned around and asked for another room. I was fortunate enough to get an alternative room, and it was a huge one too! This PI has been given a makeover by the looks large tv (fixed to the wall so no chance of plugging your own device in). However the tiny tower fan made more noise than the air it moved. Now I would not put myself forward as a heavy sleeper, but as the hotel was very warm, I found sleeping with the right window open, and the secondary glazing left pane open, I had air flow, and that the noise from the motorway was minimal.

Premier Inns do seem to suffer in the summer, maybe investing in technologies that would keep the building cooler in summer, warmer in winter, would pay dividends. Maybe even through wall ventilation so windows could be closed at night and still allow cool air to be circulated, I digress. I would stay here again if I was in the area, would be nice if they had port replication for the tv's though.

Room Tip: Try and phone ahead if you want a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Namretaws
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travelled up with family including 5 adults and 5 children including a baby.
All the staff were very welcoming especially towards the children.
Rooms were well kept/comfi.
Breakfast value was superb

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

As I am a light sleeper, Jan at reception moved me to a room on the quieter side of the hotel (as it is situated between 2 roads) with no hassles. I was also greeted with a friendly smile - keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I really can't fault this hotel, check in was easy and the guy on reception was really friendly and welcoming. The child's bed was actually a bed rather than a sofa which was much more comfortable for our daughter. We popped out shortly after checking in, when we came back we found some colouring pencils and a colouring book had been left on our daughters bed. She was really pleased. We had a room on the motorway side but I can honestly say it was the best nights sleep I've had in a hotel in a long time! My husband and daughter said the same and my husband is a really light sleeper. The room is spacious and amazingly clean, the beds are really comfortable, I really can't fault anything. This was a last minute booking, but would be my first choice if in the area again.

Room Tip: Common sense would say ask for one on the non motorway side, but the motorway honestly wasn't a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vikki B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Holiday Inn Runcorn
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
The Park Royal
The Park Royal
#1 of 3 in Stretton

Been to Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel? Share your experiences!