“One goodnight.”

Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My wife and I had a great nights stay at this hotel, Check in staff friendly, the room though a little small was spotlessly clean, comfy bed, large tv, and a quiet location. Staff smiled and said hello in the hallway so we felt very welcome. There is a spatious bar, and would make a great venue for a wedding reception/function. All on one level. Not often I give 10/10, Frodsham is £5 in a taxi away with many pubs, real ale and various places to eat and an upmarket ambiance. Will be staying again in September but for longer this time. Regards Bruce from Norfolk.
Did not have breakfast but would next time as it looked good.

Room Tip: Any I can't think of one in a poor spot!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BruceJV
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear BruceJV
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your experience and I am delighted to hear that you found the staff to make you feel welcome.
I hope to welcome you back in September and do hope that you manage to sample our breakfast experience.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Runcorn

Reviewed 6 June 2012

The rooms were clean, the service was good, like any Holiday Inn we've visited. The spa facilities were an added bonus (which we utilised to the max!). Breakfast was great, the staff were extremely nice!! They accommodated our rather large group very well! The only two things I could fault is the AC slightly made a fountain kinda noise (Room 322) at times and also at breakfast the pancakes were too small!!! Like the size of a 50p coin!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Rishi K
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the service, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit.
Unfortunately the pancake machine has been sent off for repair due to on site repairs being unable to provide a permanent fix, we are looking forward to it's return.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Typical Holiday Inn. Extremely clean. Good room size with all the normal room refinements. Excellent selection at the buffet breakfast. Good service and good sports facilities. The hotel is really only accessible by car but Manchester, Liverpool and Chester are within a short drive so excellent for seeing the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Robert_and_Kazuko

We appreciate your compliments regarding the cleanliness, breakfast selection and sports facilities, these comments will be passed onto the teams involved.
I hope to welcome you back, if you are ever exploring the area again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, as we had a meeting down in chester on the saturday, and visited cheshire oaks on the sunday.
We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the hotel is much bigger than i expected. The reception lounge area is large, with tables chairs, large tv screen, and pool table..
The check in was very quick, with a very nice receptionist.. Our room was a standard double, although a little smaller than expected, it was spotlessly clean with a large cumfy bed..
very clean bathroom.
The room had tea and coffee making facilitys, which was a very welcome touch..
We had dinner in the resteraunt on the friday night, which was very nice food, but did take a little while to arrive, even though there was only about 8 tables in. The only fault was the price of thr wine, we paid £17 for a bottle of echo falls rose. We wouldnt of normally paid that price, but it was atreat weekend..
We would definately stay at this hotel again, and will definately check out the other holiday inns.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear shaz1969

We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here and your comments will be passed on at our monthly guest satisfaction meeting and I am happy that you had an enjoyable experience during your visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is the third time I have stayed in this hotel now as I have an occasional work commitment nearby. Every time has been pretty much the same because this is a hotel that doesn't really need to change much - it does what it does and doesn't seem to aspire to more.

It is a hotel for people on business to sleep in and then leave first thing the next morning. That is its strength and if you want more than that you may be disappointed.

It is pretty basic in design and looks. The service is friendly enough but it is worth mentioning that if you do have to be somewhere, best to checkout before you have breakfast - all 3 of my times (over several years) have seen at least a queue of 4-5 people waiting to checkout. This time it was only 4 people but it was still close to 10 minutes just to sign a piece of paper.

The rooms are solid and unremarkable. Basic TV, decent bathroom but it is the small things that reveal that it is a room without thought - for example in my room the full-length mirror is inside the wardrobe door - nice idea, until you realise that you cannot open the wardrobe door beyond 60 degrees because it hits the automatic closer on the main door - meaning you have to stand almost inside the wardrobe to look in the mirror! The best thing about the room was that I have had a room looking out to the rear everytime, giving me a view of rabbits and a small lake, which is a great way to wake up!

Breakfast is decent food but lots of it - half of those in the dining area will be wearing overalls (as indeed was I!) because it is a working man's hotel - solid energy food provided!

All of this is faint praise because this is what the hotel merits - it is functional and I will continue to use it because of this, but it is not great by any means. The only thing I actually hate about the place is the ridiculous charge for internet access - this is a business hotel but yet I have to pay £15 for 24 hours (read, one night) access to the internet? So many places give this for free and it speaks volumes that this place not only charges, but charges so high.

This is a so-so hotel that provides a decent nights sleep - and for the majority of guests this is all they want from this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the small lake to the rear!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear bob_the_moo,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your experiences whilst staying at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there are certain aspects of your visits that do not meet your standards in particular your check out experience, the problems you encountered with the full length mirror and the internet charges.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that all comments both positive and negative are discussed with the management team. The mirror issue has been raised with our maintenance team for investigation and hopefully a simple solution can be found and our Breakfast team can provide you with a breakfast check-out. Please ask the Breakfast host about this next time you visit. Unfortunately the internet charges are set globally and I understand that there are some hotels that offer free internet, but as I am sure you may have experienced, often these systems are narrow in bandwith or limited in usage. In response to our guest requirements we have invested greatly in order to deliver an internet solution meeting the need of our guests. The system here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn is market leading
Without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do. I do hope you will notice changes during your next stay with us as we do aspire to be more than just a place for people to sleep.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Great value for money. Rooms clean, tidy with a good size tv and a spotless bathroom. I have stayed in other hotels with bigger rooms but have paid more for the privilege. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Solo travellers and couples staying for just one night will be fine with a standard double. Couples...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauraw_10
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Lauraw_10,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the cleanliness of the rooms and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, your comments will be passed onto the team during our weekly Hotel Operations Meeting.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for about 8 nights. The room was quite small with limited walking space but it was cosy and the bed was really comfortable, which makes you want to cuddle under the thick, fluffy covers in the mornings. My room had a view of the backyard garden and you could see wild rabbits, birds and ducks playing about in the mornings, which was a real treat for the senses.

The breakfast was awesome! Buffet style with a wide variety of toast, cereal, hot english breakfast, pancake machine, fruits and fresh juices.

I would like to give special thanks to hotel staff Craig. He served us at the reception, restaurant and bar, always with a mega smile. He was prompt in his service and eager to help us in our requests, which made our stay fuss-free. Thanks Craig! =)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a garden view of the wild animals!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Nature_gal83,
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the comfort of your bed, the experience you had during our new breakfast trial and especially the personal mention to Craig. It is always a pleasure to hear that a member of the team leaves a great impression with our guests and I will ensure your special thanks are passed onto him.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Vincent Garrington

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
#2 of 4 in Widnes
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!