“Return Visit”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Oxford, England
“Return Visit”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have stayed here a handful of times over the last 15 years and remember when it was a Forte Posthouse.

My latest stay was for 2 nights in October 2012.

Check in was quick and efficient. I booked a standard room and was grateful to be offered an upgrade to an Executive.

My room was perfectly adequate but the airconditioning had no temperature control and just circulated air at room temperature.

Corridor noise is awful, I was awoken by doors banging shut and housekeeping shouting to each other.

The mini bar was fully stocked and still had plenty of room for fresh milk for a nice cup of tea.

On my last day I expected to be out until the early hours so I asked the lady on reception for a 2pm check out. She said I must to pay £20 because it meant keeping staff on for longer.

On the morning of my departure I returned at 5:30am and asked the night porter for a 2pm check out. Thankfully he said yes and said there is no policy to charge £20.

Will I return? Yes. The Priority Club benefits make this hotel a good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Lucky_Oxford,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you have used the hotel on several occasions whilst in the area.
I have passed your comments on regarding the noise from staff members in the corridors to the Housekeeping Manager for her to investigate further and I apologise for this disruption to your stay.
There should be air conditioning controls in each of our rooms therefore this issue has been placed on the maintenance work list and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.
With regards to your request for a late check out, unfortunately there is not a set policy in place as it all depends on how busy we are in the hotel as to whether we can accommodate the request without incurring extra costs of our own. The night porter would have a better knowledge of this on the morning of your departure. I can however recommend you join our priority club which entitles you to certain benefits such as late check outs in any Holiday Inn as well as many more benefits with no cost to join. Please ask at Reception next time you visit us and they will be happy to register you for this benefit scheme.
Vincent Garrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
London
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Stay here quite often as close to relatives. It's ok for a night although quite noisy if there's a function on. Walls between rooms are very thin. The bar area is basic and very expensive even by hotel standards. Tend to visit McDonalds as breakfast there is much cheaper.

• Stayed October 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear eater1818
I am pleased to hear that you stay here often to visit relatives. I am sorry to hear that you find the bar area basic and unfortunately our prices are set by head office. We try our best to combat this with vouchers sold at Reception and meal deals available throughout the week. There are also breakfast vouchers which I do recommend as the choice at breakfast is superb with all you can eat full english, croissants, pastries, cereals, fruits, cold meats and a pancake machine.
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for just one night whilst visiting family. Rooms very nice and clean, breakfast excellent and dinner good. Booked 5 rooms all together as joined by family.
Check in was fine but no recognition of Platinum Priority Club status. Also, had paid for Executive rooms but these were not set up as Executive. Rooms were nice and clean though. Everything very efficient. Although seemingly slightly out of the way location, actually very convenient for Liverpool and Chester.
Have stayed before and will stay again - would recommend.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear jpres
I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel nice and clean with excellent breakfast and good dinner. I am however sorry to hear that you were not recognised as a platinum member of priority club and your executive rooms were not set up to the correct standard. I have passed all of your comments onto our Reservations Manager for investigation.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Me and my partner stayed here just for one night, everything was better than expected considering the very cheap rate we paid by booking it from Laterooms.com.
We had full use of the Gym and pool all facilities were clean and gym staff very friendly and helpful.
Check in was very qucik and staff on reception also very friendly and helpful as we were not from the local area.
Room average size, bed very comfortable and room well equipt with new TV and hairdryer also tea and coffee making facilities.
Bathroom was the best part, very new and very clean.
weld definitely recomend and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear LaurenKatieDavies
I am delighted to hear that you would recommend our hotel, found the staff to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed full use of our facilities.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Liverpool
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night, room only. Excellent value for money!

Lovely & friendly staff on check in & check out.

Room small but cosy & very comfortable. Huge T.V!

Can't comment on any facilities as didn't use any but the gym/pool area looked great.

Local area of Frodsham is beautiful. Ate in Travellers Rest on Friday evening (gorgeous food)-must book though-is very popular! Had breakfast in The Cottage Tea Shop, the following morning, which was delicious too!

All in all a great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carla H
Dear Carla H
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff on Reception lovely and friendly. It is a shame that you did not get to use our facilities, hopefully if you are ever staying in the area again you will have time to relax and unwind in our spa.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Holiday Inn in Runcorn was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. Lovely big TV on the wall, nice comfortable bed and nice little bathroom. We didn't eat at the hotel because we were visiting friends but the food smelt good. Lovely young lady cleaning our room who was so helpful and polite, it is nice to see.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Carolynne L
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff helpful, friendly and polite. Customer Service is our number one priority and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand during your visit.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

me and my partner stayed for the weekend to attend a family wedding in the hotel.from check in to check out we found the hotel to be very clean,freindly staff and the breakfast was superb.we arrived quite late due to heavy traffic,and all of the traveling patry had a meal in the resterant/bar,which came prompt and was of a high standard.we would certaianly use this hotel again.
ps.the lady superviseing breakfast was brilliant and nothing was to much bother for her.
regards,DR JONES ,plymouth devon

Room Tip: nothing wrong with our room.