“Okay apart from rowdy guests”

Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
halifax uk
“Okay apart from rowdy guests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed her before and always been okay . Good location for Chester and Cheshire oaks. Check in was good with friendly staff. Also we were given a goody bag for being gold card members. Never had this before in all the years we have had our loyalty cards. We booked a standard double but were given an executive with 2single beds. Didn't have a problem with this so we kept it. There was a stocked mini bar in the room however there was no price list or instructions on how to pay for items so we didn't bother. All was well until 2am when ignorant rowdy guests decided to have some sort of party with music playing doors slamming and women laughing. This went on until past 3. With the disrupted nights sleep it wasn't the best we have had so checked out at 8.30. The corridor outside room 405 was strewn with takeaway pizza boxes, slices of pizza, and broken coat hangers. What a disgusting mess and I am guessing this was were the party was. I reported this at check out and the nights before party. The guy I told had a couldn't care less attitude and just said its not good is it? It isn't good and what's also not good is that obviously there are no security patrols in the night, as if there was the noise would have been noted and the mess would have been cleaned up, or I would hope it would.

Room Tip: Ask for one near reception as less chance of getting disturbed
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yorkshire
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Yorkshire
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the disturbance you encountered throughout the night due to guests partying into the early hours of the morning.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that your comments have been passed onto our Nights Manager for investigation and further training to be scheduled for his team.
Without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Jonathan Huglin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed her on bank holiday weekend in aug, booked through booking.com it was a last min booking so paid a little over odds £249 for 2nights. Arrived all seemed well friendly check in staff. Room nice and clean lovely bathroom and a mini bar well a fridge with items in. The first morning we was woken by someone knocking asking if we had taken anything from the mini bar? Once up after been disturbed we had so bad news and couldn't stay the second night, so I called down to reception to cancel my second nights stay they told me as I booked it through booking.com I could not be refunded for my second night stay. I wasnt happy about this I stay with premier inn on a regular basis and book through bookin.com and have canceled before and been refunded this has put me off staying with holiday inn in future

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear lozzaxmx S,
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that were unsatisfactory, in particular the wake up call to your room and the confusion upon your early departure.
I have passed the issue regarding the disturbance to your sleep onto the Housekeeping Manager for investigation and for this I apologise.
Unfortunately due to you making your booking through the booking.com website we were unable to cancel your 2nd night. However our Reception staff should have advised you that you could have cancelled your 2nd night through your booking on the booking.com website. Your account would have been charged a £50.00 early departure fee as per their policy. As this information was not passed onto you I would like to offer you a free upgrade to an Executive room next time you stay with us.
Jonathan Huglin
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here at creamfields 2012 for one night. Can't remember the exact price of the room but around the £100 inc breakfast for two. Was a ideal hotel was clean and breakfast area was lovely good spread and choice. two annoyances couldn't get the pancake machine working. :( and we were unfortunately seated next to a sket from Essex who sat in her pants and tshirt. :(( felt like telling her to put some clothes on but i wish the breakfast staff had. had a great nights sleep. Exactly what we needed for creamfields. Wouldn't stay here if on a break but a fab hotel for a stop over. The staff were helpful and friendly at reception, called taxis for us when needed and they even allowed us to order out pizza from the local takeaway. ;)) will be stopping again here creamfields 2013 ;)

• Stayed August 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear claire c,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the helpful and friendly staff on Reception and your comments regarding Breakfast have been passed onto the Breakfast Supervisor for her to discuss with the Breakfast staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back for Creamfields 2013.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I use the word manners as the two staff at the front of house were in short supply of them, unhelpful and rude also comes to mind.....fortunately when we did eventually get the key to our room an hour late which caused my cousins wedding to be delayed the room was clean and good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear maryj1999,
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular your experience on check in. Your comments have been passed onto our Reception Manager for investigation and I can only apologise for the service you received.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment, without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My partner and I stayed over and booked the wine package. This was the first time I'd stayed at a Holiday Inn and found the website quite hard to navigate to book it. However, that aside, the room was comfy. Far and away the best part was the breakfast which was really good. I have stayed in equivalent places and found breakfast a real let down. I'm pleased to say not so here. Very welcoming staff.

The swimming pool is good, but not so great if you want to do any actual swimming lengths as it's quite small and very shallow up one end. Changing rooms perhaps a little tired, but adequate.

My only gripe was that the wine tasted very much on the cheap side

Overall a good impression and I suspect we may well be back

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Iaoangel,
I am delighted to hear that you found the breakfast to be the best part of your stay and the staff welcoming. Your comments have been passed onto the Restaurant Manager to share with the team.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
North Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with a coach party. Rooms lovely & clean, as was the bathroom.
All staff were very friendly. Plenty of variety for breakfast but don`t bother having dinner here.
The main course was put out before we had the starter (choice of two items) so when we went to help ourselves the brocolli, which was beautiful cooked was stone cold. Carrots were hard & looked as though they had been cooked in a microwave too long.Chicken breast looked like the soles of shoes & very dry.
I did have a large glass of Rose one evening which cost £7.09!! RIP OFF.

Room Tip: We were in room 505 which was quiet,(unless you had noisy neighbours). Unfortunately there was only...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear magsym,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience during dinner. I have passed your comments onto our Head Chef for investigation.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

my husband and I booked this hotel because it was closer to my brothers place
parking is good,plenty of spaces,staff on reception were not friendly at all,although they were efficient.room was good, bed really comfy,bathroom clean bath was on the small side but did the job.breakfast was brilliant loads of choice of juice,cerials,fresh fruit and a cooked breakfast,staff were friendly and helpful

Room Tip: twin rooms are a good size
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear Janet c
I am pleased to hear that you found the breakfast choice to be brilliant and the staff at breakfast friendly and helpful. I am also delighted that you found the Reception staff to be efficient but will be passing your comments regarding their friendliness onto the Reception Manager for investigation and would just like to apologise for this first impression you encountered.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Vincent Garrington
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Premier Inn Runcorn Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham
Premier Inn Widnes Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!