“Great hotel but has problems”

Holiday Inn Runcorn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times previously and it is great value for money. Good breakfast. Great pool and jacuzzi. However I would advise people to check if the hotel is having a function before booking. We stayed on a Friday night and there was something going on which resulted in us being woken up by drunken guests at 1am, 2.15 and lastly at 3.45am. No-one answered on reception when we tried ringing. This is the only downside to what is otherwise a good hotel. As I say check when booking and avoid on function nights (unless you are happy with not too much sleep!!)

• Stayed: December 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Ann442,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you find the hotel to be good value for money with a great breakfast, pool and Jacuzzi. I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed throughout the night by party goers. We do try to allocate the rooms with this in mind however it is not always possible on busy nights. I will pass your comments onto the Nights Manager who can issue more training on regular routine checks of the corridors during our party nights.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Yours Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Runcorn

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed for one night on a business trip. Check in was friendly and efficient, had some free goodies for being a platinum member. Ate food in the bar which was speedy and good quality. Hotel seemed quiet, clean and well maintained. Lots of free parking. Breakfast selection in the morning was excellent. Every single member of staff that I came across was friendly and smiling!
Only let down was size of the bedroom, which had everything in it you would expect, except for floor space - barely enough room to walk down either side of the bed, to get the bathroom door closed behind you you either need to stand in the bath or manoeuvre around the toilet. Bearable for a night or 2 but would have become irritating on a longer stay.
Would definitely stay again for a short stay.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any larger than normal rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear RawCarrot,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to hear that you found the check in friendly and efficient, food of good quality, the hotel to be clean and all staff to be friendly and smiling.
I will certainly be passing your comments on to the team.
I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.
Your Sincerely

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We use this hotel every time we go north. Great stop over when going further up country or just for a mini break around the Manchester area. Fantastic buffet breakfast, just what you need to set yourself up for a busy day. Easy to find and great access to most motorways. Staff wonderful and very friendly

Room Tip: Basic rooms tend to be a bit small. Go for something on an "including breakfast" for best...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Julie W
Here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are always striving to improve our customer service as we feel that it is the only way to further improve our business.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here and your comments will be passed on at our monthly management meeting. I am delighted that you are a returning customer and had an enjoyable experience during your latest visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We were greeted on arrival by a very polite lady behind Reception who checked us in quickly and efficiently.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, which is the same floor as reception and bar/restaurant. The room was small, but perfectly fine for one night. We attended a Christmas themed Take That tribute night. The room included the usual amenities, plus a fridge, which is perfect for storing personal drinks and food that you might take with you.

I would be aware that when these party nights happen, the noise from other rooms etc can be irritating in the small hours, but I am sure the hotel could accommodate you in a quieter section.

The night included a 3 course meal, soup, turkey dinner and gateaux. Not the best food I have ever had, but enough to prepare us for a night of partying.

The following morning, we had breakfast included in our deal. Which comprised of a hot/cold breakfast buffet. All of which was good quality.

As the title say's I was impressed, and would definately look at booking again when they advertise more party nights.

Room Tip: Ask if any party nights are going on, and for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear funkygibbon32
I am delighted to hear that you were checked in quickly and efficiently by a polite member of staff and found the breakfast to be of good quality.
We appreciate your comments and these will be discussed in detail at the next monthly management meeting.
I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed her before and always been okay . Good location for Chester and Cheshire oaks. Check in was good with friendly staff. Also we were given a goody bag for being gold card members. Never had this before in all the years we have had our loyalty cards. We booked a standard double but were given an executive with 2single beds. Didn't have a problem with this so we kept it. There was a stocked mini bar in the room however there was no price list or instructions on how to pay for items so we didn't bother. All was well until 2am when ignorant rowdy guests decided to have some sort of party with music playing doors slamming and women laughing. This went on until past 3. With the disrupted nights sleep it wasn't the best we have had so checked out at 8.30. The corridor outside room 405 was strewn with takeaway pizza boxes, slices of pizza, and broken coat hangers. What a disgusting mess and I am guessing this was were the party was. I reported this at check out and the nights before party. The guy I told had a couldn't care less attitude and just said its not good is it? It isn't good and what's also not good is that obviously there are no security patrols in the night, as if there was the noise would have been noted and the mess would have been cleaned up, or I would hope it would.

Room Tip: Ask for one near reception as less chance of getting disturbed
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yorkshire
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Yorkshire
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the disturbance you encountered throughout the night due to guests partying into the early hours of the morning.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment and I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that your comments have been passed onto our Nights Manager for investigation and further training to be scheduled for his team.
Without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed her on bank holiday weekend in aug, booked through booking.com it was a last min booking so paid a little over odds £249 for 2nights. Arrived all seemed well friendly check in staff. Room nice and clean lovely bathroom and a mini bar well a fridge with items in. The first morning we was woken by someone knocking asking if we had taken anything from the mini bar? Once up after been disturbed we had so bad news and couldn't stay the second night, so I called down to reception to cancel my second nights stay they told me as I booked it through booking.com I could not be refunded for my second night stay. I wasnt happy about this I stay with premier inn on a regular basis and book through bookin.com and have canceled before and been refunded this has put me off staying with holiday inn in future

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear lozzaxmx S,
I am sorry to hear that there where certain aspects of your visit that were unsatisfactory, in particular the wake up call to your room and the confusion upon your early departure.
I have passed the issue regarding the disturbance to your sleep onto the Housekeeping Manager for investigation and for this I apologise.
Unfortunately due to you making your booking through the booking.com website we were unable to cancel your 2nd night. However our Reception staff should have advised you that you could have cancelled your 2nd night through your booking on the booking.com website. Your account would have been charged a £50.00 early departure fee as per their policy. As this information was not passed onto you I would like to offer you a free upgrade to an Executive room next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Stayed here at creamfields 2012 for one night. Can't remember the exact price of the room but around the £100 inc breakfast for two. Was a ideal hotel was clean and breakfast area was lovely good spread and choice. two annoyances couldn't get the pancake machine working. :( and we were unfortunately seated next to a sket from Essex who sat in her pants and tshirt. :(( felt like telling her to put some clothes on but i wish the breakfast staff had. had a great nights sleep. Exactly what we needed for creamfields. Wouldn't stay here if on a break but a fab hotel for a stop over. The staff were helpful and friendly at reception, called taxis for us when needed and they even allowed us to order out pizza from the local takeaway. ;)) will be stopping again here creamfields 2013 ;)

• Stayed: August 2012
VincentGarrington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear claire c,
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the helpful and friendly staff on Reception and your comments regarding Breakfast have been passed onto the Breakfast Supervisor for her to discuss with the Breakfast staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back for Creamfields 2013.
Vincent Garrington

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
#2 of 4 in Widnes
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!