“Rip Off Prices In Bar”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Rip Off Prices In Bar”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here on a buisness trip found food served cool and breakfast buffet not value for money either cost of drinks in bar are also a complete rip off £4 for normal cup of tea is a joke , most other drinks far overpriced , probably because you are a captive guest no other options near the location, I will in future be using a Premier Inn better by far.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Mickey F
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that you will not be returning.
We appreciate you taking the time to comment as without guest feedback it would be impossible to improve our hotel which is something here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn we are striving to do.
Yours Sincerely
Jonathan Huglin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel on Monday night and our stay from start to finish was excellent. Could not fault it at all. We stayed here as we were visiting Chester zoo and wanted somewhere nearby but reasonably priced. We were a family of 4 and had a room with a double bed and a single sofa bed and cot, the room was fine. I noticed we had an interconnecting door so asked at reception if the room was not being used if we could maybe open the interconnecting doors and use the other room to put the cot in while we watch telly after our baby had gone to sleep, the lady on reception said that it wasn't a problem and while we eat in the hotel restaurant it was done for us. This was fantastic as its really hard work when your all in one room and the kids are sleeping and you want to watch tv. I'm sure that 99% of hotels/receptionists would have said no, even though we were not touching anything in the room at all, just using the space.

Nothing was too much trouble at reception. My phone battery went dead in the morning and the lady on reception found me a charger to borrow. Fantastic service.

The food in the restaurant was really good value and very tasty. Kids eat free so was great value. Breakfast was lovely too lots of choice and excellent friendly service.

I am a travel agent and will definitely be recommending this hotel to any of my customers wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Naomishutt
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Naomishutt,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am delighted to read that you could not fault your stay and that you found that nothing was too much trouble for our Reception Team. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your request and that you will be recommending this hotel.
We really do appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here and your comments will be passed on to all the team who I know will also be delighted to hear your feedback.
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was the second time I've used the hotel for a one-night business stopover, and it kind of fits the bill for what I needed. It's well located, right next to the M56 and expressway, with plenty of parking out the front.

Staff were friendly and appeared well trained, and both the check-in and check-out processes were efficient. There's plenty of space in the lobby, bar, restaurant, etc., and by all accounts a decent gym/pool.

Room was ok - clean, basic, a little on the poky side, but comfortable bed and a choice of pillows. The furniture was a bit dated and probably didn't help with the poky feel to the room, but it had everything I needed.

Room service dinner was average - good, friendly service, but pretty average caesar salad with a lump of chicken on top, so could have been much better there. Good Wi-Fi but pricy.

I got a good business rate which is why I've gone for 4 stars - otherwise I probably would have said 3/3.5. It's a good, clean, functional business hotel with good facilities, but I wouldn't envisage staying there for leisure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Nick S,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I am pleased to hear that you are a returning guest and that you find the staff to be friendly and well trained. Your comments regarding the Caesar Salad have been passed over to the Head Chef for discussion with his brigade.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel has very big park in front of the door and it is convenient for people with a car. I did not like that our room was on the ground floor (we had to take a lift to go downstairs from the reception).
I liked very much the pool and all the commodities ( sauna, turkish bath). There is also a nice water massage in a little pool.
The pool in not very big or deep but after a day walking and visiting the places around was a nice day to complete the day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear five-7,
I am happy that you were able to relax in our facilities after a day of walking and I appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding the Leisure Club, your comments have been passed on to the Team.
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Currently staying here. Room is basic but functional. The real disappointment is that from 5 booking made simultaneously which were supposed to INCLUDE breakfast in the rate, two of us are forced to pay an extra £15 every morning or we don't eat. Their breakfast probably worth a fiver and that is being generous, sadly they are just ripping me off at £15. Trying to speak to the reception, restaurant, etc. to fix this is time you could be using to bash your own head in with a brick, the result is the same. Customer Service is non-existent, they just want your cash and then some more!

Then there is the WiFi - I can't believe that such a basic amenity is still being charged for in sime places but for the 'Super Fast' access in Holiday Inn Runcorn (clocked at 1.1Mb/s) I am being made to pay £9.99 a day. That's right, £10 a day. Filthy robbers!

The food in the bar is edible but over-priced. When I asked about the extreme pricing they tell me it is all set by head office, you contact head-office and they tell you it is set by the local management. So somebody is telling blatant lies.

Room Tip: Try parking up in their carpark, recline your seat and stay in the car.
1 Thank Graham C
Dear Graham C,
Firstly, let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to share the experience which you encountered during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Runcorn.
I would like to apologise for the issues you have raised and would like to ask you to contact me directly at Jonathan.Huglin@ihg.com in order for me to investigate the bookings further.
Unfortunately the WIFI and Food and Beverage prices are set by our head office and I am shocked that this information has been mislaid to you upon your query.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jonathan Huglin

Travellers are raving about these Runcorn hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis for work and I have never had a bad experience, honestly. The staff at reception and the restaurant are very friendly, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the TV is of a good size and best of all is the breakfast, unfortunately my waist line has increased a few inches.
So if you happen to be in Runcorn then my recommendation would be to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
jonathan_huglin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Runcorn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear russelldempster
I am delighted to read that you stay with us on a regular basis and that you find the staff very friendly with clean and comfortable rooms. I am sorry to hear that your waist line is increasing due to our delicious menu, maybe we could tempt you to pop down and enjoy a work out and then relax in the Jacuzzi in the Spirit Leisure Club 
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic friendly staff on reception, at breakfast and in the restaurant. Rooms clean and food lovely. A great place to stay. Car parking good and secure. Lobby area and bar great for relaxing in. I would choose to stay here again for business and pleasure

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jane B
I am delighted to read that you would stay with us again and that you found the staff friendly, the rooms clean and the food lovely.
We appreciate you taking the time to pay compliment regarding your stay here and your comments will be passed on to the team.
I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Jonathan Huglin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
Village Hotel Warrington
Village Hotel Warrington
#8 of 21 in Warrington

Been to Holiday Inn Runcorn? Share your experiences!