I didn't have very high hopes for Holiday Inn Runcorn, given that it's one of IHG's cheapest properties (Intercontinental Hotel Group - IHG's parent company), but I have just spent 2 nights here and I couldn't be happier.
Check in was quick although I was the only person there at the time so I'd expect it to be. Because I'm Platinum with IHG Rewards Club I was upgraded to an Executive room which was far nicer than I was expecting. Free parking, comfy bed, large windows, sofa, desk, chair and a safe. Complimentary hot drinks plus newspaper, 2 bottles of water (still and fizzy) and a Mars bar each day. The usual toiletries. Bathroom was acceptable but little more. I forgot shaving foam but they gave me this at reception FOC. High Definition on a HUGE TV - if anything maybe even a little bit too big for the room! Friendly staff. Very clean. Only criticisms are minor. The shower is above a bath which isn't exactly plush and it's not the quietest hotel I've stayed in but that's to be expected at the price (£70 for a 2 night stay - Friday and Saturday, booked direct with IHG). Wi Fi, whie free, was very very slow (like 1990's dial-up slow).
The health club looks a bit dated. Layout is somewhat bizarre also - you have to walk through the gym past all the fitness equipment to get into the changing rooms. Some lockers in the mens changing room missing doors. Pool OK; same goes for the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Not the most modern but perfectly functional and the fact that this place even has a free to use health centre for the price is a bonus in my book.
Bar had a nice feel to it. I didn't eat or drink here so cannot comment on the quality of the food although it looked good. Little tip - you can get breakfast vouchers from reception for £11 rather than pay £15 'on the door' in the morning.
When you consider this is in the same price bracket as Travelodge and Premier Inn you really can't go wrong. Frodsham is a stone's throw away by taxi. Would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Runcorn enjoys an excellent location close to M56 Jct 12 and with close proximity to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester . This Runcorn hotel is an excellent base for visiting local attractions such as Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oakes, Liverpool FC and Manchester United FC. The Hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free*. Facilities include 153 bedrooms including standard, executive, family and accessible rooms, all are fully air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 500 people and a Spirit Health and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. The hotel boasts 11 meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, meetings to weddings and dinner dances. Complimentary and accessible car parking is available.The Spirit Health and Leisure club offers a gym and a large indoor heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Runcorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Hotel Runcorn
- Runcorn Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Cheshire