We stayed here for 10 days, visiting relatives, touring and accompanying nephew during a soccer tournament. Hotel is set in a nice residential area but near enough to the M56 highways making it central to Manchester, Liverpool and Wales. Hotel staff is extremely attentive and very very friendly. I felt sorry for them as they have to work with some terrible conditions not their fault. Hotel is in need of a thorough update. From the front lobby to the bedding, carpeting etc. are all worn and really not up to American standards for a Holiday Inn. Even beds are small for Executive Rooms. Not Queen or Kings but doubles and the room itself is small with very few extras. The hotel was retrofitted for Air Conditioning but it takes for ever to cool rooms down. Window treatments don't exist. Sliding doors cover the windows are off tracks and not totally the right size to fit window areas. White boards fit in place to cover mistakes. sofas in rooms are stained and filthy and management states they are to be replaced, but when? The guest elevator is about 1/2 the size of those in the states. Very narrow and not deep at all. Only one exists making getting your luggage up and down during peak times a challenge. Breakfast was fairly enjoyable. Good selection and the chef will make individual orders for you. Again room needs updating and carpets cleaned etc. Hostesses extremely cordial and friendly. Free parking is a plus and plentiful. No Business center at all. Lone guest computer in lobby runs on old XP and you can hardly use the mouse since computer is in a cabinet. Pool area was clean but again worn and open to outsiders via a health club. Makes a crowded area sometimes. Again with upgrades this could be a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Runcorn enjoys an excellent location close to M56 Jct 12 and with close proximity to Chester, Liverpool and Manchester . This Runcorn hotel is an excellent base for visiting local attractions such as Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oakes, Liverpool FC and Manchester United FC. The Hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free*. Facilities include 153 bedrooms including standard, executive, family and accessible rooms, all are fully air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 500 people and a Spirit Health and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. The hotel boasts 11 meeting rooms that cater for all requirements from training courses, meetings to weddings and dinner dances. Complimentary and accessible car parking is available.The Spirit Health and Leisure club offers a gym and a large indoor heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Runcorn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Hotel Runcorn
- Runcorn Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Runcorn Cheshire