“Old Coaching Inn (and it shows)”
Review of King's Arms Hotel

King's Arms Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Westerham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Old Coaching Inn (and it shows)”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Kings Arms still has the entrance arch where the Coaches used to enter the yard. No doubt paying guests were in the first floor bedrooms and the footmen in dormitories on the second floor. It has changed a lot since then. Friendly staff and efficient welcome. Our bedroom on the second floor was a bit too small for comfort and the bathroom badly needed updating. Good terrace at the back of the Hotel plus a garden hidden away. Ample parking. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: First Floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank T S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when I got into my room. I can't believe I was told the room I had was a little small. Jeepers! I travel and stay in BBs each week. I think this is great value for money. Polite and efficient staff, clean, big and comfy room, nice selection for breakfast. A good B&B. Thanks!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
dartford
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Have just had a wonderful stay at the Hotel. Had asked for the Henry V111 (Room 5) and it did not disappoint. Huge carved for post bed complete with drapery complimented the high ceilings of the room. Oversized bathroom completed the roomy space. Staff wonderfully helpful and speedy, breakfast was delicious and served extremely quickly and with a great choice.The Restaurant was comfortable and spacious with a good value menu.
Absolutely no hesitation in highly recommending.
Thank you to the Manager and his team

Room Tip: Room 5 Huge wooden four poster complete with drapes. Room at front so gave a lovely view of the vill...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel a few times now and each time I have a fabulous stay!!! the rooms are a good size clean and inviting, the staff are wonderful from check in to check out, they are pleasant warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is excellent and good value for money. I will make a point of staying in this hotel whenever I am in the area on business and will certainly recommend it as first choice. I travel all over the world and stay in hotels 80% cent of my life so feel qualified to give an honest opinion as to standards

Room Tip: Room 5 is fab!! although all the rooms are en-suite
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jane G
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at King's Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for the wonderful compliment.
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The building was beautiful and my twin room was large with a large and well appointed bathroom. However, when I tried to check in, I spend at least 5 minutes looking for any member of staff, at reception, in the bar and the restaurant, until I finally knocked on the kitchen door, to the amazement of a member of staff.

When someone finally came out, i explained that I had been looking for someone for the last 5 minutes or so. I was immediately told that I was wrong and she had only been away for 2 minutes. SHe was wrong and I was annoyed at being told off. Not a great start. I came down to the well appointed empty bar (it was a Monday night) and bought a drink to have in my rood while watching the T.V. Unfortunately the bed kept slipping away from the wall, so I had to have one foot on the floor to stop my shooting across the large room.

At breakfast the very young waitress appeared to suffer from early onset Alzheimers disease as she asked me numerous times whether i had asked for tea or coffee.

Another guest who was already there when I arrived at breakfast, left after 15 minutes or more saying that he couldn't wait any longer. My breakfast arrived shortly afterwards, possibly his me thinks!
Such a shame that it could be so nice, but offering terrible service and a fly away bed.

Room Tip: my twin room was £95 so not cheep, form out of town destination, especially given the poor service...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nigel j
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

In twin room, can cope with that for one night , only booked this afternoon, last room.first impression great, car park tricky to get into if you have a van, reception efficient and pleasant, room compact but spotless, great big bath towels good shower, good food, I ate in the bar but restaurant is available

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nigel b
England
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night as we were travelling to Tun Wells the following day for a birthday party. The first impressions were good - ample parking and delightful reception area. We were checked in straight away and shown to our room - which was King Harold, this room was very large and comfortable. A pleasant surprise, as there aren't many pictures of rooms on the website or tripadvisor! The bed was very big and comfortable and the room was very homely. We ate in the bar as the restaurant seemed to be closed - this wasn't a problem as the bar was quiet. Food was good and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was also very good and lots of variety. The only negative was the bathroom, although it was lovely and spacious, it was quite dated compared to the bedroom. Overall myself and my partner had a great stay and look forward to staying again soon. Thank you :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Allie_Louise_10
OEIGK, Guest Relations Manager at King's Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerham
Days Inn Sevenoaks Clacket Lane
#1 of 1 in Halstead
De Vere Selsdon Estate
De Vere Selsdon Estate
#18 of 24 in Croydon

Been to King's Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!