“Pleasureable overall”

Sands at Bleak House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woking
Sands at Bleak House
Ranked #12 of 16 Woking B&B and Inns
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Pleasureable overall”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed, eaten and drank here on several occasions. The atmosphere is always very good, as is the service.

Prices are bordering on the excessive, which can give the visitor the sense that it's a pretentious establishment, but I would challenge this assertion. Food is tasty and well presented and the wine list is comprehensive.

The rooms are contemporary and comfortable, but small. There is ample onsite free parking.

In summary, there are far worse places to spend an evening or to stay overnight, but the high(ish) costs will not suit everyone.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times now & I love it. The staff are great & can't do enough for their guests, the food in the resturant is fab - always of a very high standard & served with a smile. The rooms are furnished to an extremely high standard & always immaculately clean. I would recommend Sands at Bleak house to anyone

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My partner and I stayed at the sands for one night for a local wedding, we live locally so did not really need a B&B for the night but wanted to be with other friends and have a hearty COOKED breakfast in the morning. So I was really really disapointed when we were shown to our room and told "here is the breakfast area"!!! What!!! a few cereals, tea, coffee, tiny amount of orange juice and a couple of manky, cold, stale pastries, which had been there when we arrived.., with a tea or coffee. Come on SANDS you are restaurant for god sake with a very good reputation, surely you can provide a cooked breakfast for your clientel. I also felt it was very overpriced 99 pounds for a night, small rooms, tiny bathrooms and NO cooked breakfast. The only reason they can justify the high prices is because McLaren are a stones throw away, and they frequently use the place, allowing them to charge the prices for accomodation and food. I would not recommend this as an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SRM-london-2012
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. By comparrison in the area we would book this over the major chains. Nice food and well stocked bar. Quite seating area outside. We use this establishmet on a regular basis and have done so now for a couple of years

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris S
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights as it was convenient for a nearby wedding. I think the rooms are overpriced for what they offer, lots of pretty freebies but you can hardly move around in the bathrooms or even in the bedrooms. I must congratulate the architect for managing to fit everything into such a small area. The food in the restaurant was fine but the service slow and the staff were disorganised as all our bills had items on them that we hadn’t had. I was surprised that as Sands is mainly a Restaurant, that breakfast wasn’t offered, only a self service cold pastry kept under cling film with a tea or a coffee.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Having recently stayed at a number of different hotels for business trips around the Woking / Heathrow area, I opted to book in at Sands for a change of scenery. As previous reviews have suggested, the hotel would command a much higher rate if it were located within the m25. The rooms are well furnished to a high standard and feature en suite facilities providing a modern yet cosy atmosphere. Whilst only offering 7 rooms, the staff were extremely welcoming and happy to help with any queries. The factor that really sets the hotel apart is the quality of food on offer, with a range of modern british cuisine to choose from (the pork belly was fantastic). The hotel is less than 2 miles from the centre of Woking and costs around £6 in a taxi.

• Stayed February 2012
dagenham
Reviewed 28 April 2011

My partner and I stayed at this exquisite little hotel last weekend. We have travelled and stayed at many hotels throughout europe but have never stayed at such a quaint hotel in such a beautiful setting. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff who immediately relaxed us and were adamant that whatever we wanted there, we only had to ask. The hotel is small and has only 7 rooms and one luxury suite but it has a lovely feel aboout it, and being based on the edge of Horsell Common there was no shortage of somewhere to walk. On the other hand, if we wanted some busy nightlife, then only a couple of minutes in a taxi and hey presto, we were in the centre of Woking. The food was magnificient, my partner is a very fussy eater, but again, this was no problem to the chef, and a plate of plain pasta was soon on the table. I however, had the pork loin dinner, which I have to say was the best dinner I think I have ever eaten. A delightful little garden that is a sun-trap is open all day as in case of rain, there is a covered decking area. All the staff were so polite and could not do enough for us, in fact had we been royalty, we could not have been treated any better. I would definately return to this stunning little hotel should I ever return to this area. Carla Williams the Manageress always has a smile for her guests (as do the rest of the staff) and obviously puts here heart and soul into making the stay of any guest a perfect one.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Woking
Premier Inn Woking West (A324) Hotel
Gorse Hill
Gorse Hill
#5 of 7 in Woking

Been to Sands at Bleak House? Share your experiences!