“Fix the heating!”

and 1 more site!
Woking Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Woking
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Fairly good value at only £39 for a single room, but thats about all that's about all.
I paid, like a mug, a fiver for a bowl of corn flakes and a yoghurt. Thats not even a snack so how they can have they can call it breakfast is beyond me.
There is no parking, the heating was on full blast and it was July. Apparently it was broken so obviously no plumbers in Woking, my toilet didn't even flush, the carpets were sticky and the ones in the hallways were even worse and the cold water was hot.
I did howevere geet a fan from reception and on the whole the staff were friendly, but I'm not certain if they were smiling at me or laughing at me for staying there.

Room Tip: Go for a BnB
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Becooorz

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have never before felt the need to write a review, but my one night stay in this hotel has prompted me to make the effort to do so! Booked on my behalf through work, I had not checked out any reviews (hindsight is a brilliant thing). My room, whilst of a good size, included a badly stained carpet and enough light creeping under the gap in the door to illuminate the room throughout the night! The stairs to the first floor were completely filthy and gave the impression you were entering an old style council tower block. The worst thing by far though was the unbearable heat. It must have been 120 degrees in my room and completely unbearable. The windows opened a touch but you needed to open the curtains to do this and even then it did not make any difference to the temperature. I managed to sleep for about an hour in total due to the heat and then cancelled my ordered breakfast early in the morning, with the intention of being able to leave the hotel for some fresh air, seeking breakfast elsewhere. I have just returned from Las Vegas and can honestly say it was hotter in my room than being in the desert near the grand canyon!!! At just under £80 for the night this was not what I expected. I have never been one to complain or whine about anything but this hotel stay was ridiculously terrible!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean T
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I am not a picky, spoiled traveler but this hotel pressed the limits. The rooms are dirty, one tiny lamp to read by, very dim side lights, toilet plugged up, and outlet was bad (although there are plenty). The phone cord pulled out of the handset. But the worst is the heat! There is no AC and the rooms face a metal roof (there is NO view other than the roof of the performing center) that heats up all day. With record high temperatures, we had to close up the room all day and we were given a very small ineffective fan to try to pull in cooler air after 9 PM each night in order to hope to sleep. We could not use the room during the day at all. Like an oven! Then, when you think it cannot get worse, it did. The praise band from the church renting the conference center (metal roof that attaches to this hotel) started up early on Sunday and the building shook from the volume. The thumping of the bass could be felt through the pillows! The people who work the desk here are quite nice, however. False economy---a bargain that is practically unlivable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sporter323
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Cleanrooms located 2 mins from the train station is a busy (especially at night) part of the town. Can be noisey at night

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rupertddog
Reviewed 7 May 2012

And never to be repeated. If your looking for somewhere to pass out after a drinking binge then
this is the place for you. I read the review by Dawn W and thought, it can't be that bad, so I phoned the hotel and the receptionist assured me the lifts did not smell and that the stairs were clean, well she was wrong on both accounts.The lifts DO smell of urine and the stairs carpet if not missing is covered in black stains, which went really nice with the ripped or missing wallpaper. The bed linen was clean but a little bit threadbare. The roof of nextdoors night club ended about 6 inches from my window sill to which the dogends and coke bottles floated by in the gutter (nice) The bathroom was clean but smelt of the lift. I must say that the two male reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast from the pub across the road was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank julesbu
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed here for one night on business as the hotel was close to my office. The reception area looked ok however the lift up to the rooms had the overpowering aroma of urine, Therefore i left the lift on the second floor and decided to take the stairs to my room. The stairs had vomit all over them and the carpets had chewing gum stuck to them which had gone black it had been there so long.
the room was reasonable clean except for the net curtains which had turned black with age and you could feel every spring in the bed. I ended up sleeping on my coat however after a few hours sleep i woke up at 3am feeling very itchy and decided to go home.
the car park is also a 10 minute walk from the hotel and therefore would not be suitable for a disabled person.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was working in Woking for 3 weeks, and felt very confortable in this hotel, since it was very close to my office. It is just 100m from the main train station, lots of convenience stores, pubs, restaurants, McDonalds, Subway, KFC around. The Peacocks mall is just around the corner. The hotel itself if quite basic, my room and bathroom were spacious, the bed confortable, a little noisy specially during the weekends. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. There was a soft drink machine in the reception area for free.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
Travelodge Woking Central
Premier Inn Woking West (A324) Hotel
Days Inn Cobham M25
Days Inn Cobham M25
#1 of 4 in Cobham

Been to Woking Hotel? Share your experiences!