“Really Welcoming and Great Value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Woking Hotel

and 1 more site!
Woking Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Woking
London, United Kingdom
“Really Welcoming and Great Value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Woking Hotel was a pleasant surprise! When booking a hotel in the city center you would imagine it wouldn't be very nice and that you wouldn't get the best nights sleep, but i couldn't hear a thing from outside even though we were on the first floor, which is not what i expected with the amount of bars and clubs around. Staff were extremely friendly and the room was warm and welcoming. They offered free soft drinks downstairs in the lobby and which was a nice touch. Definitely would recommend this hotel and will be using it again in the future!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ayr, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel is in the travel lodge category if not worse. I was booked to stay here by my work after the holiday inn across the road was full and boy what a come down.
There are no facilities in the hotel so you have to go out and eat in the evenings, which depending when you want to eat could be ok but for me I struggled to get seated in most places as the town is always lively. A continental breakfast could be ordered and it was delivered to you at the time you specify in the morning, but both mornings mine had stuff missing.
You are close to the train station but there are no parking facilities for the hotel. you can either park for 1hr maximum in the street or as long as you want after 6pm IF you can get a space. The alternative is a costly multi-story a couple of streets away.
Although most hotels are no-smoking now, my room had an astray in it and the corridor stank everyday of smoke. The door to the room was so bad-fitting that the light from the corridor could be seen right round it at night and this let the smoke smell in too.
My work had booked me a large double room and the carpet was stained with who-knows-what but it was nothing compared to the carpet on the stairs. The stairs were the quicker option as the lift is slow but it looks as though it hasn't been cleaned since the hotel was built, see photos.
Despite warnings of "very hot water" the shower never got above tepid so it had to be a bath if you wanted the hot water. Even at the rear of the hotel I cold hear the noise from the high street as the young boy racers came out with their big exhausts.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back to get away from any noise. I would also ask for one not next to the lift...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Woking hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

In summary, the most horrible hotel I have ever been.
First the taxi driver couldn't find the way to the hotel, so we were 30 minutes lost due to wrong address from the hotel web page.
When finally arrive at hotel late at night and went to my room I discovered a broken bed, impossible to anybody sleep there. When I called the recepcionist he told me that they were full booked and he didn't give other solution that wait for next day, so f.. you and sleep there.
Of course the rest of the room was not better, poor cleaning and low pressure in the shower.
I don't recommend this hotel neither to my badest enemy.
See pictures of the bed attached.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel is situated in the centre of Woking opposite close to all the pubs and restaurants. It is a little run down and not the cleanest hotel around but ok for the money. I have used the hotel a couple of times now, so it can't be too bad.......

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

stayed here as had night out in woking.. woking is not the nicest of place's.. Hotel is right in the middle of the main drag.. next to a club, opposite a club etc.. I feared the worse.. It was booked as it was cheapest and only real one thats walking distance from station.
small entrance, polite receptionist..
room. roomy, a bit tatty.. window overlooked a prefab roof etc.. It was cold so window remained shut but noise was still heard from one of the many clubs in the surrounding vicinity..
would only recommend staying here if you are having a drink.. despite a skinful, i was woken up at 4am by a shouting match in the corridor outside room. Noone from the hotel came up to stop it and it went on, at full volume for about 15 minutes..
If I had not had a drink I would have hated the stay,, but location was convenient. room was ok, it was just too noisy and too urban for me.. if that makes sense...
but saved on taxi fairs etc so was worth it for one night..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I do not expect much for this price and I am not commenting on the state of the place. I am not picky but can not stand rude staff especially as I work myself in customer service. Receptionist - James has been rude since I came to make the booking for my family until check out. On the day of departure of my family (my wedding day!) he refused to prepare breakfast for my mum although breakfast card was hung on the door an evening before by myself so I had to rush to the hotel before my wedding to make sure I take my mum somewhere else for breakfast. James was extreamely rude throughout whole stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Really cannot see anything wrong with this place - what do others feel they should get for this price? Room I had was immaculately presented, and very well thought-out. Cleaning had been done throoughly and with care, everything laid out thoughtfully and with care. Dimensions of room and en-suite were generous, and had an excellent, comfortable night's sleep. Only thing that was a little diconcerting was the shaky wc - just need not to put too much weight on it! Did not use the lift, and yes, the staircase area is shabby. Also did not have breakfast as leaving early, so cannot vouch for that. But overall, no grumbles whatever!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
Premier Inn Woking Town Centre Hotel
#1 of 4 in Cobham
Worplesdon Place
Worplesdon Place
#2 of 2 in Worplesdon

Been to Woking Hotel? Share your experiences!