“Perfect place to stay!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Woking
Woking, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to stay!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family came to visit me and they were pleased to have such quality in services and to be so close to everything they need. They were also very happy with the breakfast and the staff was very kind and helpful! The train station near the hotel is a big plus as well. Nothing else to say but perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here for a week in June/July and this place was exactly what I needed. It had a nice big comfortable bed, it was clean, provided breakfast in the morning, friendly and helpful staff. Theres nothing to complain about. Very close to the Woking Train station (across the street) for easy access to London and is in asking distance of all shops, restaurants, pubs, etc.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked online for one night. The hotel was bright, clean, the staff were very friendly without being overbearing. Check-in was a breeze, they even let us in our room 2 hours early! Breakfast was pre-booked and delicious. Free parking, although the carpark was a little on the small side and got crowded.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have stayed here a few times because it is very convenient when visiting one of our sons who lives in Woking. Previously it has always been excellent, but this time there were a couple of little niggles - a power socket on the desk unusable and intermittent TV power resets. On the plus side the friendly staff accepted the fault reports quite happily so hopefully the problems will get sorted. The ground floor room was what you would expect and the bed was extremely comfortable. I am not sure that all the guests would appreciate the 'Welcome to HMP Travelodge' greeting displayed on the TV when it was switched on but it made me smile. Overall a very acceptable stay.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms facing Oriental Road (those on the right after going through the door from th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of Travelodges over the years and most of them are satisfactory (some terrible!) but this one is easily the nicest one. I've stayed here twice now as I have friends in Woking and surrounding areas who I try to visit as much as possible. The hotel is obviously a new build and modern enough. Rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are what you would expect for a budget hotel. There is an easy accessible car park round the back and the reception/bar area is open 24/7 should you wish to use it - I didn't and due to checking in via a touchscreen and checking out via dropping the key card in a hole on the counter I didn't actually interact with one member of staff the whole 4 days I was there. I can't decide if that's a positive or a negative!

This Travelodge will always be my first choice when visiting the area. It's in a great location with easy access to the town centre and the train station is directly across the road with very frequent and fast trains to London daily.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After my wife booked this hotel for an overnight stay for us to go to a nearby wedding reception, I didn't expect much for the money, which was by the way ridiculously cheap, courtesy of early booking.
We arrived at 2.pm. And was informed by the guy on reception that the room was not available until 3.pm. On seeing our disappointment on this news ( we had just driven all the way fromDevon ) he kindly offered us a cup of tea (no charge) and asked the cleaning staff if they could speed the room prep up for us, which they did, and we were in our room by 2.30.pm.
The room was bright spacious very clean and a good sized comfortable bed, all we could want was available, also he pointed out that the bar was open 24/7 and , as I'm a late night snacker, the news that pizza was also available 24/7 was good news too.
After returning from the wedding reception later that night, I ordered a pepperoni pizza, again not expecting much for my £7 something, not only did they bring it to my room! It was fresh delicious and I promise better than a recent pizza experience from a well know chain, all though we didn't have the breakfast it looked very good, and again great value at £7 something for all you can eat.
All in all a pleasant experience, not fancy , not busy, but good well mannered service, and more than adequate comfort, well done!

Room Tip: We had room 13 near the restaurant and bar, not noisy, and handy for facility's , lucky for some...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dalwooddave
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for one night and didn't need or expect anything fancy, after all it is a Travelodge! They've done a good job of making the lobby/eating area look smart but it is a little clinical unless full of people, and just seems more like a trendy office than a hotel. That said, there is a decent little bar and lots of TVs, so it's somewhere you could hang out if the local pubs are not your thing.

As soon as you go in the room you remember you are in a Travelodge: tiny room with little space to put anything down or move around. The room was roasting (ok it was the hottest day) and reception were happy to lend us a fan (there is no air-con). There was very little space to put the fan though without wiping out the contents of the table.

The bed, bathroom an all other bits were fine but the door was VERY noisy every time it closed. I guess this is as they are fairly new fire-doors but it's not fun when you have spent an hour getting a baby to sleep! And for some reason the shower cubicle didn't have a shelf, so you have to hold your shower-gel while in the shower, very strange.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to help. I rang ahead with a couple of queries and they went out of their way to sort my requests. I have stayed down the road at the Holiday Inn many times and it's always rubbish and the staff don't care. I'll stick to this place now, even though breakfast here was nearly as bad as at the Holiday Inn. It wasn't terrible but it was very basic quality and choice, and costs £7.

I will be here again for a few nights soon so will see how it goes but will definitely go out for breakfast. If you need a room in the middle of Woking and don't need any frills, this has to be the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
Premier Inn Woking Town Centre Hotel
Gorse Hill
Gorse Hill
#5 of 7 in Woking
Premier Inn Guildford North (A3) Hotel

Been to Travelodge Woking Central? Share your experiences!