“Most Amazing Cup Cakes!!!!”

Salvation Cakes Ltd
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Woking
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Description: Salvation cakes are a small independent coffee and cake shop in the heart of St Johns. We serve fair trade coffee, tea and hot chocolate alongside a extensive milkshake menu and other cold and hot drinks The jewel in our crown is our cakes and cupcakes. We also offer a bespoke cake service at a very reasonable rate. We have a all day menu including freshly made sandwiches, toasted sandwiches, Panini's, salads and our famous home made soups.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I first discovered this AMAZING place when I was on holiday -staying with family in 2012 - The cup cakes not only looked incredible - they tasted divine!! So when I was back in the UK in 2013 - I made a point of visiting again - and of course - sampling more of these fantastic cakes!
And now - when it was nearing my cousin - Al's birthday - here I was back home in NZ - I wanted to do something special for Al - with the power of the internet and email - I contacted Neil at Salvation Cakes - and organised a Giant Cup Cake for Al's birthday. So here I was half way round the world - and not only did the actual ordering of the cake go smoothly- the actual Giant Cup cake totally exceeded my expectations - I knew it would be amazing - but it turned out spectacular. AND I've been told by my cousin Al and his family - that it tasted wonderful - So - Salvation Cakes is a MUST visit if you are in the area - AND if you - are like me - 1000's miles away- -I definately recommend them if you are in the need to organise a cake for any occasion - as you won't be disappointed with the service or the final product - TOTALLY RECOMMEND !
Thanks HEAPS to Neil - and when I'm back in UK to see family again - I will be popping in for sure!!!!

2  Thank pirateswife

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I went to Salvation Cakes in St John's for lunch recently, with a friend. This is not the first time I have been there, either to eat in the small cafe area, or to buy cakes, but I have always been impressed. The cakes are all made by the owner on site as are the soups. All sandwiches etc. are freshly prepared to order. We both chose one of the paninis to eat, plus a cake and pot of tea each. I also bought a brownie to take home for my husband. The paninis were hot and oozing a good amount of filling. My friend and I went half each on the cakes, and both were delicious.
When the owner quoted the total due, I nearly fell over in surprise, and asked if he was sure he had added everything, as it seemed too little! I was assured that the total was correct. Amazing value!!

2  Thank BalmainBug30e
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

A very good selection of cakes which were tasty and fresh coffee. Polite and welcoming staff. Will visit again when back in the area.

2  Thank PixieRed
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly owner, great selection of cup cakes which are all great value at only £1.35 each! Much better than local competition. Have also ordered cakes for special occasions from here and they never disappoint. Also great for a lunchtime toasted sandwich, soup or a panini or just a Cappuccino to go.

4  Thank Orinoco5452
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Visited this morning. Very quiet but it was before lunchtime. Menu looked good and well priced but decided to have a cupcake.

The cake itself was a little dry and the icing extremely sweet. But tasted ok.

The owner seemed a little unwelcoming. Maybe because I was a stranger in this small village.

1  Thank ledonya