“Great weekend, hotel was a great choice”
Review of Metro Hotel

Metro Hotel
Metro Hotel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Woking
Swansea
“Great weekend, hotel was a great choice”
Reviewed 9 September 2009

After reading the reveiws about this hotel, I was anxious about our stay here, but it couldn't have been better. The staff couldn't do enough for us and our room was huge! The complimentry hot and colds drinks in the foyer were a fantastic benefit to choosing this hotel and we made sure we got value for money!

The train and bus staion are 2 minutes walk away and there are plenty of car parks around if, like us, you choose to drive there. I parked on the road outside the hotel and it was perfectly safe. The location is fantastic if you want somewhere to eat or a few drinks. It's on a street with busy nightlife but there were plenty of police keeping things in check and the youngsters just having a good time. Thre was a bit of noise from the street but it didn't keep us awake. If you want things to do in the area there is a cinema, theatre, laserzone, shopping and bowling all on your doorstep so you won't be bored in this area of Surrey!

I'm pleased we went to this hotel and we're already planning our next visit!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I took my youngest child (12yrs) to stay here and the location was great. On arrival we were greeted by freindly staff who explained as we were early to check in they could look after our luggage untill the room was ready and offered us unlimited complimentary drinks, we didnt have to wait long.on arriving in our room it was very clean well laid out and tastefully decorated bathroom was spotless nothing to grumble about.
the staff were very knowledgable and even cared enough to tell my son the best place to go to buy trendy skater clothes which counted a great deal in his eyes.
I wont hesitate to stay there again as it is value for money and child freindly

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
England
Reviewed 6 January 2009

For a hotel of the quality it appeared to have (looking at the pictures and facilities) I did have a basic expectation. I ended up standing in the front lobby for 15 minutes waiting to check in (no hotel staff in site - for a hotel with 24 hour reception and service this concerned me). The room was functional but even though it was booked for 2 people, only contained one towel. In the end only 1 of us showered as the water had virtually no hot water. The mould in the shower and the black finger marks on the ceiling and walls did not make the experience any better. Although these matters are relatively petty in the grand scheme of things, a proper customer service upon check out would have prevented me from leaving completely unsatisified. In the end I completed a customer complaint form (as did someone else there at the same time) to be told I would receive a response within 10 days. It has been over 30 so far and I have even been brushed off on the phone when I have phoned to request an update. I wish I had spent £5 more and gone to the holiday inn!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank CanadianTrvllr

Travellers are raving about these Woking hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I have stayed here a number of times ever since I started travelling to UK for business.

The reason I stay here at this hotel is that it is close to all the places I visit and its located in a good posh area, having loads of Pubs, Shopping Malls, & Restaurants.

Accross the street there are countless pubs & nearby there is the Peacock Shopping Mall which is quite good.

The hotel itself is quite decent and comfortable to stay. At about 50 - 75 quid for a double room. It's not bad at all.

Another plus point is that the Woking Station is a minutes walk so good for people travelling to London by train. A good place for tourists to stay.

• Liked — Loacation is a huge plus !!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank varunkochar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woking
Premier Inn Woking Town Centre Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
Brooklands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Weybridge
Made in Sud Bed & Breakfast

Been to Metro Hotel? Share your experiences!