Innkeeper's Lodge Woking
US$61
US$93
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Woking Central(Woking)(Great Value!)
US$65
Travelodge
Foxhills(Ottershaw)
US$256
US$88
Worplesdon Place(Worplesdon)
US$89
US$84
All reviewsthe pubcontinental breakfaststayed heresmelled freshpay extra for a cooked breakfasthand basinneeded somewheretea and coffee facilitiessmall amountreal aleevening foodthe ground floorwould stay here againyogurtcar parkevery member of stafflovely meal
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on and off for the best part of the best part of 2 months. Think of it more as a pub with rooms attached and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Rooms are of a good standard, beer's good and foods is of a high standard for pub grub. Staff were always helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ron_Galbraith
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have stayed here 3 times, and even though it has improved a bit, it is still not what the page says it is. There are only stairs, and getting the luggage up is a pain (and noone, noone helps). Rooms are tiny -like my bag was in the bathroom because it would not fit in the room-. Heat was on and I was soo hot, and could not turn it off! Did not understand why! But worst of all, there was no hot water in my room, at any time! The pipes got hot, so that was working, but the water that came out was lukewarm... overall, bear in mind that its a pub. And by the way, wifi is NOT free. They offer the hotspot, but you need to pay for it.

Room Tip: if your luggage is heavy ask for ground floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The location of this Inn is perfect if you need to be in Woking the next day; it's a 5 minute walk into the centre. I was a little confused as to where to check in but it's simply a case of doing so at the bar.

The room was small and down a fairly windy series of corridors but once inside it wasn't too bad for a single room. There are a few dated elements and the net curtains really didn't do much for me, I was also rather surprised that I had to request an iron and ironing board to use and there were no bathroom products (although I'm informed you could ask for these at the bar).

I'd recommend this for a great value stay for 1 or 2 nights but it's not the kind of hotel you'd use for anything other than this.

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs away from the bar; the floors are creaky and I was woken a few times by someone rather loud above me.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here as very closely located to our friends' house. For the money this hotel is decent enough. Pretty shabby and in need of a refurb but it served it's purpose for us for one night.
Cooked breakfast not included in the room rate but cost a fiver which is goo value.
We would stay here again if our friends had another party and we needed somewhere to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I am staying at this hotel as I am attending a training course at the nearby Wick Hill training centre. I arrived on a Thursday evening and parked around the back with no problems, plenty of free parking on site which is a bonus! I went through to the bar and checked in, there is no check in desk as such just the bar and bar staff. I provided my card and paid in full for my stay. I was given my key and went to my room, 111.
The room is modern and clean, the bathroom has a nice big shower and a 32” LCD TV on the wall in front of the bed, so no complaints there!
I would not recommend this room as there is only one wall separating my room from the bar. If you’re looking for an early night you may find it difficult due to noise from the bar, music, doors opening and closing etc… I had an issue on my first night as there is a large 2 way door in to the bar that staff were using up until at least 2am, every time there went in and out it was flapping back and forward and was so loud. I spoke to the bar guy the next day and he apologised and blamed it on the fact than the night porter didn’t show for work so they had to use than door instead of the usual one…. Exactly why he didn’t say but that was fine…. He offered me a free meal in the bar the next day as compensation which I didn’t end up taking up but it was a nice offer anyway. The next night the bar closed at around 11pm then I guess the staff were cleaning up and they decided to ram out drum n bass pretty loud, but this only lasted for 10/15 minutes and I guess someone else complained or they finished their close up. No other inconveniences that night so it was all good.
The free breakfast in the mornings was adequate for the price, it was cereals, toast, fruit teas and coffee. There was a chargeable cooked breakfast but I didn’t go for that myself, I think this needs to be pre-booked anyway. Coming in to breakfast the staff were all sat down on one table and I didn’t even know they were staff until one of them asked for my room number.

As other reviewers have already said there seems to be a lack of management about, some of the staff seem to spend time on the fruit machine or the quiz machine when its quiet and leave you waiting at the bar for a few minutes before service, but tonight as its been busy they seem to be on top of things.

All in all a good hotel for the price compared to the holiday inn which is nearby. Service could do with some direction but on the other hand there seems to be a mix of good and bar staff.

The beer is good, they had three ales on the pump. I had a dinner on the first night which was OK, but there isn’t a lot of choice. It is the usual pub grub you would expect from a chain so not that exciting. They have Wi-Fi from “The Cloud” so it is chargeable at the time of use unless you use something like iPass (business product). Mobile phone signal in the pub is quite bad so you need to go outside to use your phone.

If you find this review helpful please +1 and if you would like any specific details on my stay please send me a private message.

Room Tip: Room 111 was right next to the bar but has its own entrance sperate from the main building. 112 and 113 would be better as they are not sharing a joining wall with the pub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business