“Nice place”

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Twillingate
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Seasonal restaurant on the dock or indoor dining in Hillgrade near Twillingate.Open for lunch and dinner.Excellent view from our dockside restaurant. Live lobster is available from our pool while in season until we have stock, usually until mid August. For your convenience there is an ATM on site as we accept CASH only.
Vancouver
“Nice place”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Was recommended to us. Loved the crab and lobster salad we had.
Waitress very friendly. Interesting place.

Visited August 2013

Hopewell Junction, New York
“Didn't meet the hype”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a very quaint restaurant that had outdoor seating looking out over the bay. Really cool!
My first observation was that the service was slow. Now I know I am supposed to be on vacation, but I don't like being seated and left with nothing; no water, no menu, no nothing. I understand that sometimes the servers are overwhelmed, but it didn't look that busy.
Based on a recommendation, we had the fish and chips for lunch. I was dying to try the fish chowder, but found out once we got there that they only accepted cash. No cards. Well that put a limit on our purchases. I sure would have liked that second beer while overlooking the water.
Anyway, the meal came, and all three in our party were somewhat disappointed. We like our fish batter crispy, not soggy. Same went for the chips. I felt they were soaking a bit too long in the oil. Cutting thru, the fish appeared a little underdone. We struggled thru our meal, and checked it off to supporting the local community.
A positive would be that the price was fair. I'm told the lobster is spectacular, but since we couldn't use our credit cards, we we forced to eat a lesser meal.

• Visited July 2013
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant and great food! Very friendly environment. As close to a Newfoundland Boil up as you're going to get at a restaurant. :) A great taste of home :)

Visited June 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Recommended to us by the owners of the B&B we were staying at. Somewhat out of the way and easy to miss the road leading to the restaurant unless you know what you're looking for. Beautiful location set on the water, we chose to sit outside. Service was on the slow side but will give them benefit of the doubt as it was busy when we were there. Cash only, fortunately our B&B people had advised us. Lobster was very good, as was the cheeseburger I'm told. Parking could be a bit of a challenge if restaurant is busy.

• Visited August 2013
Fort McMurray, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service in Nfld”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went with group of five for lobster dinner but after waiting for 20 min for someone to take our order we left. There were only six tables in the shack so it was not busy. Great location on the water but be forewarned they accept cash only no debit/credit

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Trudy S
Eileen S, Manager at Doyle Sansome & Sons Lobster Pool, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I am really sorry that you did not have a good experience.
I believe that you visited on August 6th.
Menus and water were brought to your table. I explained that I would be delivering desserts to another table before taking your order.
Much to my dismay you were gone when I returned to your table.
If you would still like a lobster dinner, we still have some lobster in the pool.