“Wonderful, Warm Newfoundland Welcome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Iceberg Alley Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twillingate
Iceberg Alley Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 17 Twillingate B&B and Inns
Cape Breton Island, Canada
“Wonderful, Warm Newfoundland Welcome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I were looking for a place to spend the night in Twillingate in early July 2014 and had no reservations! (his idea to just wing it!!) Anyway, we stopped at one inn that had no vacancies, but the owner happily, and helpfully, offered to call a friend of hers to see if she had a room available, and that's how we ended up staying at this wonderful B&B called Iceberg Alley! It is a beautiful brand new home that was built with the intention of being a Bed & Breakfast, so it's design is perfect! We had the most beautiful large room with a sumptuously comfortable king-sized bed, a jetted tub for two in the corner of the bedroom, and a sparklingly clean bathroom with shower! The décor throughout the home is beautiful, and all the rooms and common areas of this B&B are spotlessly clean. The owner, Thelma, is a warm and welcoming Newfoundlander for sure! Even her Mom, Fanny, dropped by at breakfast to say hello and give her a daughter a hand! What nice people! The rooms are great, the breakfast was delicious, and if you want there's even a hot tub for soaking if you are so inclined! Thelma is a wonderful hostess and makes you feel very welcome. She is also a wealth of information about tours and shows that are going on in the community. We were going to possibly go to a dinner theatre show and she was ready to call and make reservations for us, but we were just too tired from the drive, so instead she gave us some suggestions on where we could go for dinner. She even gave us a couple of snacks for the road the next morning when we left. I would go back in a heartbeat! You felt really pampered and special. You won't be disappointed if you book to stay here! Definitely worth indulging yourself!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaritimeGal915
lukyone, Owner at Iceberg Alley Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for the nice review. It was a pleasure meeting you & happy you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully in the future you will get back this way for a few days .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I called this bed and breakfast about three weeks ago late one evening and said I would like to book a room for a night because a friend gave me the number, I was not told that there was only adults allowed to stay there.i was only asked what date and for my visa number right away, never said it was only allowed two people. After driving for 4 hours and arriving at this place to check in with my husband and my 4 year old son, I was greeted not very friendly on the front step when the person heard my son get out of our vehicle and asked what we wanted. We told her we had a night booked and she told us that we couldn't stay because my son was not allowed to stay there. I was never so disappointed in my life and my son is old enough to ask why we weren't allowed to stay there. I hope that this message gets passed along because I then had to drive another 2 hours to get a place to stay. I think this is very poor service and discrimination towards kids, I hope she doesn't have grandchildren of her own, if she did she should have had a heart.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Ashley S
I am truly sorry your child was unable to enjoy our bed and breakfast. As for your comment that we do not take children this is false as we have had many children stay at our establishment. At no point where you told that the reason you could not stay was because of your child the reason was that our rooms are for double occupancy only. I am also truly disappointed in the fact that you used your child to seek favorable public opinion. It is also common knowledge to indicate the number of people traveling in your party.
REGINA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed in Twillingate at the Iceberg B&B while touring Newfoundland. It was one of our favourite places to stay in Newfoundland. The suite was huge with a separate sitting area where you could unwind after a long day of iceberg watching (you could also look out of the ample windows to see tons of icebergs as well).

Thelma is a wonderful hostess, providing wonderful breakfasts and making sure you left with some tasty treats for snacks if you had a full day ahead of you.

We would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it for anyone else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DAVID2009Regina
Thank you for the kind words . I am so happy you enjoyed your stay & your room. We enjoy all our guest & do what we can to make sure you get the most out of your time in Twillingate.
Bethel, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

You may not be sure what to expect as you approach Iceberg Alley. It's located in a tight little neighborhood typical of coastal villages in Newfoundland. Any questions disappear as soon as you walk in the door.

There are two great stories to tell. One is about Thelma, the owner. The second is the comfortable accommodations. The first story starts when you open the door and meet Thelma. She has a personality as big as all of Newfoundland and an accent as thick as the Peas Soup you'll find at the local restaurants.

You will find that the story of Thelma and the accommodations are inseparable. Thelma built the B&B from scratch to her specifications and as she'll tell you, "I'm fussy". We stayed in a room with a king bed, Jacuzzi, and a very comfortable private bath. I don't know exactly how long Iceberg Alley has been open but everything looks new and is exceptionally clean. The housekeeper knows Thelma is fussy! Later in our stay Thelma told us story about finding bed sheets locally. She wanted high thread count cotton sheets that would be comfortable and last through a year of washing. The sales person tried to explain she could buy several sets of the cheaper sheets for the price of high thread count cotton. She said he was forgetting about the comfort, "take a set home and see how your wife likes the comfort". This level of consideration went into every choice she made in putting every piece together.

There is huge hot tub open from 11:am to 9:pm, the rest of the time it's going through multiple cleaning cycles so that it's clean enough for Thelma!

All this "fussy talk" may bring to mind a prissy old dragon lady. Think instead of a favorite relative wanting you to have the time of your life.

Where should we eat? There is a binder in the living room with the menus of the local eateries. Want a table but they don't take reservations, no problem. Thelma calls the hostess, "hi my love, gimme a call when the table by the window opens, I've got four I'll send right over". Want to go on a boat tour of the icebergs? Thelma knows the right person on the right boat to make sure you have the best adventure.

Make your reservations well ahead of time, this B&B is frequently full. During our stay the phone rang many times. Even though this B&B was full Thelma used her local connections to find a room for the caller.

Stay here and join the family!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kevin w
lukyone, Owner at Iceberg Alley Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for the awesome review. It certainly was a pleasure meeting you & glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is an amazing B&B. Very spacious room, spotlessly clean, warm and inviting public area and a fantastic hostess. The 'excellent' ratings on tripAdvisor are well deserved. Do yourself and book here if you're going to be in Twillingate!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mid-age-traveler
Thank you for the kind words. Always nice to hear positive feedback.
Pierrefonds, Quebec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This B & B is just beautiful. Probably the best in the area. Spotlessly clean, wonderful décor, the rooms are fantastic. We had a room with a king bed and a Jacuzzi tub. We were there for 3 nights and each morning we had a different delicious breakfast prepared by the owner/hostess, Thelma and her lovely mother. Thelma was a wealth of information, had tons of suggestions and booked whatever you wanted to do. Thelma and her Mum were so friendly and warm that it was not unusual to find all the guest mingling in the common area. Thelma also has some lovely jewelry and crafts that you can also purchase, which I did as gifts for relatives. The B & B is well situated in the village. Great place, happy we were able to meet Thelma and her Mum and enjoyed our stay with them immensely.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms there!