“Very enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Onancock
1882 Colonial Manor Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Onancock B&B and Inns
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Very enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We just returned from a bike trip to Onancock, VA. We stayed at the Colonial Manor Inn. Our innkeepers were delightful, informative and flexible. We arrived early and they were happy to let us put our luggage in the room even though it was not ready. That evening after a wonderful ride in the mid Eastern Shore, we enjoyed our wine and cheese in the gazebo, very nice. They offered several ideas for meals and activities. The breakfast was outstanding and plentiful. We would recommend this B&B to anyone. PS, Caroll is a wonderful artist. Be sure to look at her oils and watercolors.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maryellen R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

I am a solo female traveler in my late 20's. I never stayed at a BnB and decided I would try one while I visited Accomack County. After reading and comparing countless views online, I decided Colonial Manor Inn was the place for me. I am so glad I chose to come here. Linda, the manager, and her mother Carroll (a woman with many talents, including kick @$$ chef and brilliant artist) are wonderful hosts. Linda made me feel so at home right away. I arrived rather late in the evening and she called me, concerned because I hadn't arrived yet. She wanted to personally welcome me to the Inn. When I got there, she was very pleasant and welcoming, even at such a late hour.

My room was so cozy. I stayed in Room One on the ground floor. It was spotless, cozy, and so inviting. The bed was so plush and comfortable...everything was perfect. The next morning, I went to breakfast at 8:30. I have grown up with excellent Southern cooks so I am used to good, fresh food. This food made me feel right at home. It was a perfect country breakfast: fresh biscuits, blackberry jam, wonderful fresh coffee, delicious omelets, homemade pastry, etc. Linda and Carroll were such great conversationalists. We laughed at chatted about every topic imaginable. I had only planned to stay one night, but I ended up asking if I could stay for a second night! I didn't want to leave. Luckily they had one room available. I ended up moving to Room Six which was also lovely. It has a beautiful view of the main road. The bedroom is a bit bigger and was also very cozy and inviting. I met up with friends and ate at Mallards at the Wharf, then came back and snuggled up in my room. Breakfast was even more wonderful the second morning-delicious waffles, strawberries with amaretto cream (Yum), fresh coffee, good company and great conversation. There was a different dynamic with the crowd, but Linda flawlessly navigated the conversation and made sure everyone felt included. She knows all sorts of tidbits about the area and is a wonderful storyteller. Carroll interjects here and there and is so charming and feisty. She's so humble about her talents, but she's SOOOO talented at everything she does. She cooks all the food and it is simply divine.

Linda knew I was doing genealogy work on my visit, and before I left she presented me with a wonderful poem called "Ancestors" by Richard Rolle. I nearly cried because I was so honored that she even remembered the purpose of my trip.

The next time I visit Onancock, I will stay at the Colonial Manor Inn. I honestly can't imagine why I would go anywhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in Rooms One and Six. I was a solo traveler and had more than enough space.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Solo T
Silver Spring, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had a lovely stay. Beautifully appointed and cared for. Easy walk to all "downtown" of Onancock and waterfront. Breakfasts were amazing, fabulous frittata, apple dumpling, fruit salad and sausage all in sitting (no lunch was required). The owners Linda and her Mom were quite welcoming and gracious as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janis M
Centreville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Beautiful inn, just a short walk from restaurants and the waterfront. Our room was very large (sitting room, huge bathroom, bedroom with a very comfortable queen bed) , well decorated, and very clean. This inn is very quiet, with no street noise, or noise from other rooms. We hope to be back when we can spend more time!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy M
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

For a quick, quiet get-away, my husband and I booked a 2-night stay at the Colonial Manor Inn in Onancock, VA. This is a beautiful, historic home located in the quiet Eastern Shore town of Onancock, VA. The Inn is spacious and comfortable, with each common room and guest room decorated in period furniture and beautiful artwork. It definitely shows the pride of the innkeepers. Linda had great information and stories about the home as well as the town, surrounding area, and Tangier Island. Our room had a private bathroom with thick white towels and a really comfortable bed with crisp confortable linens. Personal touches in the room included a dish of candy, water and snacks in the fridge, coffee and tea with mugs from the Inn, as well as a towel for the beach. We had a delicious breakfast every day and Linda took great care in providing me with gluten free foods. The huge front porch was a great place to take a cup of tea and play a game or look through the huge amount of reading materials. We explored the town of Onancock, which has beautiful historic homes, and took the ferrry to Tangier Island for one of our days there. The beautiful back yard of the Inn could be a beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding or event, and the Inn is even pet-friendly! We would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank collielover2
Charlottesville, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed at Colonial Manor Inn several times. If you want to feel like you are home away from home, this is for you! The house is quiet and spacious. There are many rooms to visit with nice artwork (many done by one of the owners, Carroll Richardson). The thoughtful choice of antiques also adds to the charm of the Inn.

Linda and Carroll, the mother and daughter team, are warm and welcoming! The breakfast that they “throw” together is fit for royalty! As you eat, Linda will tell you activities going on in the area, which is very helpful for newcomers. They are fairly new to the area but have immersed themselves in the Eastern Shore way of life.

Onancock is a lovely place to view the Victorian homes of a bygone day. A seasonal ferry that goes to Tangier Island is an added bonus and will allow you a glimpse of a part of Virginia few rarely see. And of course, Chinquoteague, a quaint beach town, is a short drive away.

Colonial Manor Inn is central to many activities on the Eastern Shore and is a great “home” base for those willing to explore! The fact that they allow dogs is another added bonus!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

On a whim my husband and I drove to the Eastern Shore for an anniversary get away and found the Colonial Manor Inn. Never having stayed at a bed and breakfast before, we were not sure what to expect. What we got was a gracious, friendly, clean environment with a touch home that is GREATLY missing at a cold hotel. We stayed in room 5 and were impressed with the cleanliness and amount of room provided. The library provided a warm, cozy place to curl up with a varied selection of reading materials! Breakfast was delicious! Fresh berries, home made biscuits, fresh squeezed juice, omlets, homefries - and warm conversation with our hosts. These ladies know their business and do it to perfection. We can't wait to return again when the weather is warmer and we can extend our stay. We would recommend the Colonial Manor Inn to all!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onancock
Hampton Inn & Suites Exmore - Eastern Shore
The Inn at Onancock
The Inn at Onancock
#1 of 6 in Onancock
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to 1882 Colonial Manor Inn? Share your experiences!